oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Oh dear oh dear oh dear stress stress stress! - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: Community (/f-community)
+--- Forum: oFear Cafe (/f-ofear-cafe)
+--- Thread: Oh dear oh dear oh dear stress stress stress! (/t-oh-dear-oh-dear-oh-dear-stress-stress-stress)

Oh dear oh dear oh dear stress stress stress! - Barrucadu - 11-12-2008 05:37 PM

I'm in charge of sorting out tech for an event next month at my school called the Snow Ball - it's a big party for years 12 and 13. The lights I want should, really, have been ordered last month some time. Due to an organisational breakdown, The lights have still to be ordered, and I have still to be told what my budget is. There is a slight chance I may not get any lights now. I am panicking.
I've sent the hire company an email now, asking if I can hire them, and I hope to get confirmation of my budget today. If all goes well, I shall order the lights today and all shall be well.

Re: Oh dear oh dear oh dear stress stress stress! - Shy guy - 11-12-2008 06:28 PM

Barrucadu Wrote:I'm in charge of sorting out tech for an event next month at my school called the Snow Ball - it's a big party for years 12 and 13.

That is great news. shappy

Quote:The lights I want should, really, have been ordered last month some time. Due to an organisational breakdown, The lights have still to be ordered, and I have still to be told what my budget is. There is a slight chance I may not get any lights now. I am panicking.
I've sent the hire company an email now, asking if I can hire them, and I hope to get confirmation of my budget today. If all goes well, I shall order the lights today and all shall be well.

Okay what are your options - do you have to use a particular company? If not you have a chance to turn this around....

Go through the local directories and find anyone who uses or hires these type of lights, at the sametime look up the local papers. What you need to give the papers is (an edited) synopsis of your problem and tell them you are contacting local companies to see if they can help the school out. Next contact the hire companies and anyone else you found in your search, remembering to mention that the papers are interested in your story, hence free publicity and voilà! problem solved. _cheesygrin::

Re: Oh dear oh dear oh dear stress stress stress! - Barrucadu - 11-13-2008 04:32 AM

Shy guy Wrote:Okay what are your options - do you have to use a particular company? If not you have a chance to turn this around....
We do, but only because we're used to them.

Shy guy Wrote:Go through the local directories and find anyone who uses or hires these type of lights, at the sametime look up the local papers. What you need to give the papers is (an edited) synopsis of your problem and tell them you are contacting local companies to see if they can help the school out. Next contact the hire companies and anyone else you found in your search, remembering to mention that the papers are interested in your story, hence free publicity and voilà! problem solved. _cheesygrin::
That is a cunning plan, but I have a cunning plan of my own shappy
I found out today that we have a special contact in the company who is very fast at replying to emails and good at sorting things out. Also, some techies who left at the end of last year did some work experience with this person. So, I sent him an email about it, and dropped their names into it. I asked if my budget was OK, and apparently they haven't discussed it yet. Which was a bit annoying because I was told to give them a quote by the end of yesterday, which I did, which I interpreted as suggesting they would discuss it early today. Oh well. Anyway, this is the email I sent if you're interested, I fear I have a habit of being too formal when talking to professional people I don't really know.
Quote:Hello,
I am Michael Walker from Hymers College and we have an event on the 17th of December. Last year this was done by Peter Hoyes and Edward Chambers, whom I believe did work experience with Tega, so I was hoping to use Tega for this event. I know this is fairly short notice, but would it be possible to hire 4 Mac 600 inc clamps for that day, and how much would this cost?
I'm sorry for the short notice, but due to a bit of a mix up this is the soonest I've been able to email.

This is a Mac 600 - I want one sdrool