oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Used Hypnosis and my fear of flying isnt there! - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: List of Phobias (/f-list-of-phobias)
+--- Forum: Fear of Flying (/f-fear-of-flying)
+--- Thread: Used Hypnosis and my fear of flying isnt there! (/t-used-hypnosis-and-my-fear-of-flying-isnt-there)

Used Hypnosis and my fear of flying isnt there! - billcose102 - 10-24-2009 03:12 PM

hey everyone, love the forum been a creeper for a while just joined, lol, well i wanted to tell you all about this hypnosis thing i used that plays types of waves in MP3 format that seduces the brain thus calming it. I come across a lot of personal development products in my practice. Some products are good, some are great, but some downright stink! When it comes to hypnosis, Richard MacKenzie's products are a cut above. The production is high caliber and the programs take you very deep into alpha/theta awareness. Bottom line, they work!

Re: Used Hypnosis and my fear of flying isnt there! - Jonnyjonny_uk - 10-24-2009 03:22 PM

Hiya Billcose102 and a very warm welcome to Ofear Wave

It's great to hear you've had some success with hypnotherapy. Did you have a pretty strong fear of flying? How long had you had the phobia before you started the treatment? How many sessions of hypnotherapy did you have to overcome your fear?

ps I removed the links because the forum doesn't allow links that point to affilliates.

I hope you enjoy your time here and thanks for a positive post.

John

RE: Used Hypnosis and my fear of flying isnt there! - Budweiser_072000 - 07-20-2011 09:18 PM

im a bit skeptical on hypnotherapy, i saw a programme called Airport on tv and went to a hypnotherapist and as soon as she stepped on a plane she had an anxiety attack and was bursting into tears, is it a hit and miss with some people?

RE: Used Hypnosis and my fear of flying isnt there! - Slaka - 07-25-2011 08:24 PM

I know that some people just CAN't be hynotised. It just doesn't work for everybody. But the success rate or anything else I don't know about. But probably not something to rule out!

RE: Used Hypnosis and my fear of flying isnt there! - Snooks - 07-26-2011 04:39 PM

I undertook a lot of hypnotherapy to assist when i was playing snooker.

The intention was to allow me to relax, remind yourself to do certain actions in specific orders and just tp reinforce in your mind, the things that you physically practised.

I do believe it helped but when i was "hypnotised", im quite sure i was just a bit sleepy because the office was dim, quite warm and i was in a very comfy chair.

I probably had about 20 sessions in 2 years and to be honest i couldnt say if i was hypnotised or not. I guess at $80 per session you are entitled to "feel hypnotised" Smile

RE: Used Hypnosis and my fear of flying isnt there! - Amy03 - 12-01-2011 05:15 PM

Wow this is interesting. I never really put any thought to techniques like that, but I might have to give it a look for myself and maybe a couple of my friends. Smile