oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Cures for anxiety - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: List of Phobias (/f-list-of-phobias)
+--- Forum: Agoraphobia & Panic Disorder (/f-agoraphobia-panic-disorder)
+--- Thread: Cures for anxiety (/t-cures-for-anxiety)

Cures for anxiety - sweet female - 07-30-2008 03:07 AM

Has anyone got any suggestions on things that help them with their anxiety?
I currently get it quite frequently due to starting a new job and being in unfamiliar situations and it is really getting me down and tiring me out. Iv tried breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth but nothing seems to stop the mind racing and working my body into a panic!!

Re: Cures for anxiety - kitty61 - 07-30-2008 01:37 PM

Hi .. I feel that way quite often. And I carry around a lil mp3 player. I do the in through the nose out through the mouth but when that dont work. I have told people that is you see me with headphones on let me be I listen to one of my favorite ( old time favorite singer .. to you I am old but will tell ya who I listen to ) Kenny Rogers. His voice takes me into a mellow mood and it helps settle things down sometimes just one song sometimes a couple either way his voice is what I use to help me distract me from the moment that is giving me the anxiety or panic attack. Or if I can if at home, I go lay down and get away from everyone and everything to sleep it away ( but we cant do that all the time darn it ) Good Luck you will find what helps you out that is my tricks and it does work for me and everyone accepts that after I tell them why I do what I do .. then the day goes on

Re: Cures for anxiety - Cpt_Stunning - 07-30-2008 03:28 PM

I don't have an anxiety disorder anymore thanks to advice on the net, although I still feel terrible. The first site I found really useful was anxietycured.com. I bought the CD which was really helpful. A lot of it is down to breathing (getting cured).

Re: Cures for anxiety - Weiry - 07-31-2008 01:24 AM

Hi
You might like to try this it works for some of my clients.
Anxiety is about fear and fear is a low energy emotion when I say low energy it rates at about the same frequency as anger hatred and all the other feelings like that.
The trick is to move from the fear feeling into a higher frequency feeling and a good way to do that is to think of someone that loves you or someone you love, think about a happy time together and try to think of that time or that person for 30 seconds it will start to move you out of the feeling of fear.
Think of fear as the dark and when you turn o the light it pushes the darkness away, well that is what happens with fear (darkness) and love (light) fear can't stay where love is found.
Try it you will be surprised
:O)

Re: Cures for anxiety - fernandogress - 05-24-2009 06:52 PM

Because the Amygdala does not respond to drug therapies, anxiety can not be eliminated by it. There are a number of drugs licensed as a treatment for anxiety such as certain sedatives and antidepressants, however, they are not curative and tend to offer the sufferer respite from their symptoms. In isolation, drugs are not the solution to anxiety conditions but used sensibly, they can sometimes be useful in 'taking the edge off' the more severe symptoms.

Re: Cures for anxiety - Mr Ian - 05-27-2009 09:53 PM

Not entirely accurate fernando - as drugs can influence the processes that modulate the amygdala - and the amygdala is not the only part of the brain indicated in the process of fear.

It is also worth noting that not all psychological therapies are 'curative' and simply teach the person to live better with themselves.

To paraphrase Voltaire's quote on medicine:

Therapy is the art of entertaining the patient while they cure themselves

Re: Cures for anxiety - DTrotter9 - 08-13-2009 04:23 PM

sweet female Wrote:Has anyone got any suggestions on things that help them with their anxiety?
I currently get it quite frequently due to starting a new job and being in unfamiliar situations and it is really getting me down and tiring me out. Iv tried breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth but nothing seems to stop the mind racing and working my body into a panic!!

U can try this . I think it will help u dear.
Flower Essences: Flower essences can prove very helpful in managing and helping to eliminate anxiety. Use Aspen for apprehension, foreboding, and fear of unknown origin while Mimulus is for fear of known things, shyness, and timidity. Red chestnut is used for excessive anxiety and over caring for others. Rescue Remedy® (combination formula) is for general stress from anxiety, and Rock Rose is helpful for coping with terror and panic from known fear.

Re: Cures for anxiety - Cassandra Evers - 09-21-2009 01:25 PM

It is normal to a person to have a feeling like yours, especially in a work environment.
As times goes by, you may realize the changes. It takes time to adapt in new environment doing new kind of tasks.

RE: Cures for anxiety - adamr84 - 01-14-2013 02:23 AM

Guys, what is the best way to cure from anxiety? any ideas?

RE: Cures for anxiety - Snooks - 01-19-2013 07:35 AM

It certainly isnt the easiest to cure and obviously it depends upon the extent that you are affected.

Its probably too hard to say, other than it would be best to focus on natural techniques, relaxtion exercises etc, rather than go straight into Meds or anything like that.