oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Waiting Room - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: List of Phobias (/f-list-of-phobias)
+--- Forum: Dental phobia (/f-dental-phobia)
+--- Thread: Waiting Room (/t-waiting-room)

Waiting Room - Jonnyjonny_uk - 06-08-2008 10:35 PM

This is where we all start to shake and sweat knowing you could be next so share your experiences here so you can give and receive some good advice that could help you or others next time.

Re: Waiting Room - brokeninpieces - 09-21-2008 09:47 PM

I do not like being in a waiting room i get really shaky, especially if it is small, i get really panicy it's horrible. ssad

Re: Waiting Room - Shy guy - 09-22-2008 02:34 PM

Jonnyjonny_uk Wrote:This is where we all start to shake and sweat knowing you could be next....

It is not the fear of being next that bothers me, it is either the room is full of other people, and/or I am left alone with my NATs.

I have two things coming up; the dentist, who I am not scared of but I am scared of his waiting room, and a long haul flight that again I am not scared of, but the idea of waiting for my train to London then going through not two but three airport terminals each way petrifies me, even though I have flown before and know what to expect.

How do I cope? As soon as I know the thoughts are there I try to think of other trivial things. One of my favourites is 'guess the occupation'. Looking at the other passenges clothes, shoes, and bags I try to guess what they might do with their time when they are not waiting. However, it is not in anyway a sensible game, it is more for fun. Trying to Spot the axe murder, the part-time elf inpersonator, and the shadowy master of disguise tends to take my mind off my thoughts whereas trying to read or do something sensible just gives my NATs time to expand and take over leading to a full blown panic attack and me running from the building. :lol:

RE: Waiting Room - DentalEnthuasist - 01-25-2019 04:56 PM

That's why it is very important to have great functional waiting room so as to distract patients from their anxiety.