oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
I Am New Here................. - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to oFear The Online Fear & Phobia Forum (/f-welcome-to-ofear-the-online-fear-phobia-forum)
+--- Forum: Introductions (/f-introductions)
+--- Thread: I Am New Here................. (/t-i-am-new-here)

Pages: 1 2

I Am New Here................. - richard34 - 09-14-2009 10:52 PM

Hello

Hello Everyone,I'm one of the new member of this Forum,Before Posting to this Forum I thought first to introduce myself I'm Richard From U.K. My hobbies are doing shopping,Purchasing different type Of Gifts Items,Clothes,etc These seems to me very Good Forum,hope I'll get all Latest updates related to gifts and Shopping From this Forum.

Thanks

Re: I Am New Here................. - Harold-L - 09-14-2009 11:44 PM

I'm going to ignore the fact that you're probably here to spam the forum and say...a heartly welcome to Ofear. The FEAR AND PHOBIA forum. Fear and phobia...and shopping apparently shappy

If you're not a spammer...then ignore this :laugh:

Re: I Am New Here................. - blackthorn - 09-15-2009 09:23 AM

Harold-L Wrote:I'm going to ignore the fact that you're probably here to spam the forum and say...a heartly welcome to Ofear. The FEAR AND PHOBIA forum. Fear and phobia...and shopping apparently shappy

Hi,am not a spammer but I am new to forums and talking about my fear of choking,before I ramble on ,am I At the right place?

Re: I Am New Here................. - Ana - 09-15-2009 10:39 AM

blackthorn Wrote:Hi,am not a spammer but I am new to forums and talking about my fear of choking,before I ramble on ,am I At the right place?

Hi blackthorn. Wave Welcome to ofear.

Here is a direct link to a thread about the fear of choking - <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ofear.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3907">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3907</a><!-- l -->

Hope you find some help/support here. shappy

richard34 Wrote:Hello

Hello Everyone,I'm one of the new member of this Forum,Before Posting to this Forum I thought first to introduce myself I'm Richard From U.K. My hobbies are doing shopping,Purchasing different type Of Gifts Items,Clothes,etc These seems to me very Good Forum,hope I'll get all Latest updates related to gifts and Shopping From this Forum.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum Richard. Wave Do you happen to have any fears, phobias, anxiety problems, depression, etc?

Re: I Am New Here................. - Harold-L - 09-15-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:Hi,am not a spammer but I am new to forums and talking about my fear of choking,before I ramble on ,am I At the right place?
Well in that case... welcome to Ofear! sbiggrin
Ana already gave you a thread about your fear so you should find your way around now, I hope you find something that might help you Blob5

...and sorry if I scared you with the spammer stuff, it just seems like 95% of the people that join the forum lately do so for the sake of spamming :laugh:

Quote:Welcome to the forum Richard. Wave Do you happen to have any fears, phobias, anxiety problems, depression, etc?
Don't be nice to the spammer smad

...I'm going to get fired from my role as a moderator for this aren't I? :shock:
I'm just so tired of these spammers! they're everywhere! scry

Re: I Am New Here................. - Ana - 09-15-2009 08:12 PM

Harold-L Wrote:Don't be nice to the spammer smad

smad

Harold-L Wrote:...I'm going to get fired from my role as a moderator for this aren't I? :shock:
I'm just so tired of these spammers! they're everywhere! scry

Understandable. stongue Anyways, I was just asking Richard to see if maybe he does have a reason other than fashion and shopping to be here.

Re: I Am New Here................. - Harold-L - 09-15-2009 08:28 PM

Fine smad
Sorry Richard shappy

Re: I Am New Here................. - nour - 09-15-2009 08:42 PM

Hello Richard and Blackthorn, welcome to the forum!

wait wait, what does shopping have to do with fear and phobia?

And Blackthorn you're in the right place, no worries :mrgreen:

Re: I Am New Here................. - blackthorn - 09-17-2009 07:46 AM

Harold-L Wrote:I'm going to ignore the fact that you're probably here to spam the forum and say...a heartly welcome to Ofear. The FEAR AND PHOBIA forum. Fear and phobia...and shopping apparently shappy

I wish there was someone on line,no-one ever here when i try¬1

Re: I Am New Here................. - Harold-L - 09-17-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:I wish there was someone on line,no-one ever here when i try¬1
Well if there is something you want to talk about you can post a message even when nobody is online. Somebody is bound to reply to it, we don't stay offline for long :wink:

Re: I Am New Here................. - nour - 09-18-2009 04:16 AM

Harold-L Wrote:we don't stay offline for long :wink:

So true :wink:

Re: I Am New Here................. - blackthorn - 09-18-2009 07:58 AM

Harold-L Wrote:
Quote:I wish there was someone on line,no-one ever here when i try¬1
Well if there is something you want to talk about you can post a message even when nobody is online. Somebody is bound to reply to it, we don't stay offline for long :wink:
Hi to anyone on line.I think i should come clean,i am very new to computers and this type of comunication,finding it a bit difficult to find my way round.However my fear of choking is making me quite desperate.I an 44 years of age and work at home doing paper work for my husband
(something i said i'd never do)all because i simply can't eat around people.I used to be so out going and fun loveing!This problem is effecting every part of my life i've become a shadow of who i was,i hate what i've become.I've also been diabetic for over 25 years,so when i can't get food down i can become quite ill,luckily i can still just manage fluids,i fact won't go near food without a drink close by.I's a lot worse in public.Can anyone here help,i've never spoken out publicly before,my friends and family have no idea why i behave so oddly when someone plans a nice get together or meaal out.

Re: I Am New Here................. - Harold-L - 09-18-2009 08:53 AM

I wish I could be of any help but I'm really no expert. I generally think that we on the forum can only help to a certain degree, if possible you should try and find professional help. Could you maybe talk to your GP or something? I read in your other post that you're afraid he'll think that you are crazy...but really, phobias and similar problems are very common. You won't be the first person he meets with a phobia, you really aren't alone with these problems.
I think you should talk to your doctor, and he will probably refer you to psychologist/psychiatrist that might be able to help you. I highly doubt he'll judge you badly because of your issues, he should be more professional about it than that stongue

Anyway I'm sorry I can't be of any more help. Did you read through the posts in the "fear of choking" thread? You might get a few ideas from there, you could also do a bit of research through google to see if you find anything helpful. But I really think you should talk to your doctor. Blob5

Re: I Am New Here................. - blackthorn - 10-12-2009 07:35 AM

Harold-L Wrote:I wish I could be of any help but I'm really no expert. I generally think that we on the forum can only help to a certain degree, if possible you should try and find professional help. Could you maybe talk to your GP or something? I read in your other post that you're afraid he'll think that you are crazy...but really, phobias and similar problems are very common. You won't be the first person he meets with a phobia, you really aren't alone with these problems.
I think you should talk to your doctor, and he will probably refer you to psychologist/psychiatrist that might be able to help you. I highly doubt he'll judge you badly because of your issues, he should be more professional about it than that stongue

Anyway I'm sorry I can't be of any more help. Did you read through the posts in the "fear of choking" thread? You might get a few ideas from there, you could also do a bit of research through google to see if you find anything helpful. But I really think you should talk to your doctor. Blob5
Thanks for the reply Harold and the suggestion,don'nt mean to sound ungreatfull :| for your advise but i'm simply not ready to talk to anyone face to face at this time,least of all my doctor,i'm just looking to find people like my self and hear what their way of copping is along with any useable tips happy7 .Hope you don't mind if i keep checking-in every now and then,promise i won't expect too much.Bye for now Wave

Re: I Am New Here................. - Harold-L - 10-12-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:Thanks for the reply Harold and the suggestion,don'nt mean to sound ungreatfull :| for your advise but i'm simply not ready to talk to anyone face to face at this time,least of all my doctor
That's understandable. It's easy for me to tell you to do it, it's a completely different thing to actually go and do it sconfused

Quote:,i'm just looking to find people like my self and hear what their way of copping is along with any useable tips happy7 .Hope you don't mind if i keep checking-in every now and then,promise i won't expect too much.Bye for now Wave
We don't mind at all stongue
Just feel free to post about your problems, or about anything you want really. Hopefully you'll get a reply, and if you don't...just be patient. We're not the most active forum on the internet so sometimes it takes a while before a post gets any replies. Blob5