oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
In what ways am I 'interesting'? - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: Community (/f-community)
+--- Forum: oFear Cafe (/f-ofear-cafe)
+--- Thread: In what ways am I 'interesting'? (/t-in-what-ways-am-i-interesting)

Pages: 1 2 3

In what ways am I 'interesting'? - Barrucadu - 04-11-2008 02:34 AM

I got this in an email from the head of the school newsletter today:

Linda Tebb, Hymers College Marketing Manager Wrote:> Also I need to know how 'interesting' you are! I need to include a
> GCSE student in the next newsletter and I thought of you! First of
> all would you be willing to be included? What GCSEs are you taking?
> What extra-curricular activities are you involved in?

Here is what I have so far:

Michael Walker Wrote:What sort of things would you like to know? I am spend most of my time fiddling with computers, and am the person that many people in the year go to when in need of computer help. I run a few websites, have tried to write two novels in the past but never got very far, am pretty good at editing photo's of people, have been told that I have a very good sense of humour, have a better vocabularly than most people, am very well-read, read (and understood fully) The Lord of the Rings triliogy when I was 8, have built a computer by hand, and know a Linux machine inside-out.
My favourite authors are CS Lewis, JRR Tolkein, Steven Donaldson and Terry Pratchett. Favourite books are Dracula, Digital Fortress, Good Omens, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Les Miserables, His Dark Materials Trilogy, Night Watch, The Chronicals of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever, The Da Vinci Code, The Last Battle, The Phantom of the Opera, The Righteous Men, The Shadow of the Wind, The Silmarillion, Thief of Time, Thud!, Wintersmith. Favourite movies are Alien Quadriliogy, Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer, Lord of the Rings Triliogy, Matrix Triliogy, Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl, Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest, Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End, Spirited Away, The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers, The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King, The Phantom of the Opera, The Simpson's Movie, Underworld.
I am taking ICT, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, English Lit, English Lang, Maths, Resistant Materials, French and Business Studies. For my A levels I will be taking ICT, Physics, Psychology and Further Maths. I am currently in maths set 2, but have been told I will be able to do further maths.
I am a member of the Hymers Stage Technical Crew (more commonly "Stage Technicians", or just "The Lighting Box/Crew"), I did all the lighting for Les Miserables, and shall be doing the sound for the Year 11 plays.
You'll probably find everything you need on my website: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://me.yarrt.com">http://me.yarrt.com</a><!-- m -->

Did I miss anything obvious?

Re: In what ways am I 'interesting'? - BlackLily - 04-11-2008 06:19 AM

Fair play, that was a good read & you do come across a very interesting person!!

Re: In what ways am I 'interesting'? - Jonnyjonny_uk - 04-12-2008 05:21 AM

I think you are very interesting Mike and grown up for your age.

Re: In what ways am I 'interesting'? - BlackLily - 04-12-2008 05:25 AM

I also think the mature comment is true. I thought you were much older than you are when I first joined. When you said you was doing your GCSE's I was shocked!!

Re: In what ways am I 'interesting'? - Barrucadu - 04-12-2008 05:28 AM

How old did you think I was? :lol:

Re: In what ways am I 'interesting'? - Jonnyjonny_uk - 04-12-2008 05:34 AM

Barrucadu Wrote:How old did you think I was? :lol:

93 :laugh:

Re: In what ways am I 'interesting'? - Daniel - 04-12-2008 05:35 AM

BlackLily Wrote:I also think the mature comment is true. I thought you were much older than you are when I first joined. When you said you was doing your GCSE's I was shocked!!

You are no good with guessing ages lol.

barrucadu Wrote:How old did you think I was? :lol:

2 :laugh:

Re: In what ways am I 'interesting'? - Barrucadu - 04-12-2008 05:36 AM

ssurprised and ssurprised

Re: In what ways am I 'interesting'? - Daniel - 04-12-2008 05:39 AM

Close yer mouth yer attracting flies 8)

Re: In what ways am I 'interesting'? - BlackLily - 04-12-2008 06:09 AM

Barrucadu Wrote:How old did you think I was? :lol:

At least in your 20's!! The way you use words, you don't see many people your age talk with such a wide vocabulary.

Daniel Wrote:You are no good with guessing ages lol.

I am terrible at guessing ages!! I thought my boyfriend was 25 when we first met & he was only 20!!

Re: In what ways am I 'interesting'? - Daniel - 04-12-2008 06:11 AM

lmao. How old am I?

Re: In what ways am I 'interesting'? - BlackLily - 04-12-2008 06:25 AM

I have no idea :shock:

Have you actually mentioned your age on this forum??

Re: In what ways am I 'interesting'? - Daniel - 04-12-2008 06:41 AM

Nope so guess.

Re: In what ways am I 'interesting'? - Barrucadu - 04-12-2008 06:43 AM

I seem to recall reading 20 somewhere...

Re: In what ways am I 'interesting'? - Daniel - 04-12-2008 06:43 AM

Dunno where. But it's wrong.