oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
A weird and completely unexpected shift to my diet. - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: Community (/f-community)
+--- Forum: oFear Kitchen (/f-ofear-kitchen)
+--- Thread: A weird and completely unexpected shift to my diet. (/t-a-weird-and-completely-unexpected-shift-to-my-diet)

A weird and completely unexpected shift to my diet. - Barrucadu - 09-06-2009 11:47 PM

I've never been much of a fan of red meat, about the only red meat I really like is horse. But for some reason since coming back from my holiday, red meat actively repulses me. I no longer like the taste at all (not that I've had chance to try horse recently to see if that's also affected), and the smell of it cooking makes me feel ill.

This is, as you would guess, a bit strange sconfused

The only possible cause I can think of it that on my holiday all the food was very American - the meat was all very, very fatty. Chewing rubbery fat makes me feel sick, so I just avoided red meat during the cruise, unless I was absolutely certain there was none. I think I ate red meat twice over the twelve days, maybe thrice. So perhaps that was a factor/the cause. But it's still odd. I also find salad much more appealing and, during the cruise, I ate a lot of salad as that was more or less the only choice of meal without red meat.

Re: A weird and completely unexpected shift to my diet. - Harold-L - 09-06-2009 11:56 PM

...Horse? :shock: :shock:
Most 'common' meat is red though isn't it? Both pork and beef are considered red aren't they?
What meat do you eat?

...go veggie :twisted:

Re: A weird and completely unexpected shift to my diet. - Barrucadu - 09-06-2009 11:58 PM

Yes, horse. Horse is wonderful. I have yet to find a source in England though ssad

I still like white meat - chicken, various types of fish (I also like the other type - oily fish) and suchlike.

Re: A weird and completely unexpected shift to my diet. - Barrucadu - 09-07-2009 01:01 AM

I'm currently debating whether to go out and buy stuff to make a salad or not. Maybe tomorrow sconfused

Re: A weird and completely unexpected shift to my diet. - Harold-L - 09-07-2009 02:26 AM

Quote:Yes, horse. Horse is wonderful. I have yet to find a source in England though ssad
Horse :shock:
How about moose? You tried that? sconfused

Quote:I still like white meat - chicken, various types of fish (I also like the other type - oily fish) and suchlike.
Ohh ok. I guess it'd be a good change in diet then, red meat isn't really considered the healthiest type of meat is it? Blob5

Quote:I'm currently debating whether to go out and buy stuff to make a salad or not. Maybe tomorrow sconfused
Go buy the stuff sdrool

...horse :shock:

Re: A weird and completely unexpected shift to my diet. - Barrucadu - 09-07-2009 03:56 AM

Horse is wonderful stongue

I think tomorrow I'll make myself a tuna salad. They did that aboard the ship and it was quite nice. Maybe with a little less mayonnaise though - what is it with restaurants putting mixing in of mayonnaise with their tuna?