oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Quorn. - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: Community (/f-community)
+--- Forum: oFear Kitchen (/f-ofear-kitchen)
+--- Thread: Quorn. (/t-quorn)

Quorn. - Harold-L - 09-05-2009 07:43 PM

Does anybody here eat Quorn?
I've never been a fan of Quorn, I always preferred soy-meat, but at this restaurant yesterda I was served these quorn fillets and they weew just the most delicious things! :laugh:

So...for people who like Quorn, how do you cook it? Do you use some kind of marinade? What spices do you put on to make it taste good?
I'm going to experiment a bit. I didn't think it was possible to make Quorn taste that good but I was proven wrong yesterday sconfused

Re: Quorn. - Harold-L - 09-05-2009 11:47 PM

Quorn just got itself a new fan! :twisted:
It really picks up the flavour if you marinate it Blob5

Re: Quorn. - Barrucadu - 09-06-2009 03:10 AM

I have tried quorn. It neither tasted, smelled, felt, or looked like meat. And it burns far more easily than meat so you have to be careful…

Not a big fan stongue

Re: Quorn. - Harold-L - 09-06-2009 08:30 AM

That was my experience before too though stongue
If they would have given you the plate I got yesterday at the restaurant, you would never have believed it wasn't real meat ssurprised

As I said, I really didn't like quorn before. I had tried some of their products, but I now realise that I didn't handle them the right way.
I also cooked it too long, and I didn't really add any spices or anything. Because I overcooked it, the consistency was a bit rubbery, and because I didn't add any spices or anything it hardly tasted anything sconfused
I wasn't a bit fan of the actual marinade I used today, it wasn't bad but yeah...it was a bit too strong for my taste. But, it really made a difference. I just cooked it for a moment, so the consistency reminded a bit of chicken. And it really did seem like meat ssurprised

Re: Quorn. - Harold-L - 09-07-2009 05:32 AM

Ok no marinade needed. I just added a little bit of spices and some fresh garlic to a quorn "fillet" today and it was delicious :twisted:

...I'm starting to get scared now though. I've read a bunch of horror stories online about people who get allergic reactions from eating Quorn :shock:
The symptoms seem to show up rather quickly though, and seeing as I've eaten quorn products three days in a row now I think I would have noticed something sconfused

I really shouldn't google things too much, google makes me paranoid :laugh:
You can be allergic to all kinds of food, so it's not odd if some people get allergic reactions from Quorn. I think it's the fact that people see it as a strange kind of food that makes them complain more and that gives it a bad reputation. sconfused

RE: Quorn. - Globetrotter - 07-15-2012 08:10 AM

Tried some Quorn peppered steaks this week - not bad, not bad at all.

You can certainly get an impressive range of Quorn/ non-meat products in the supermarkets these days. Cool