oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Fear of judgement - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: List of Phobias (/f-list-of-phobias)
+--- Forum: Other phobias (/f-other-phobias)
+--- Thread: Fear of judgement (/t-fear-of-judgement)

Fear of judgement - Ana - 06-04-2007 11:12 AM

I'm not sure if a fear of judgement would be considered a phobia, but I don't see why it wouldn't be.
Does anyone else have a fear of being judged by others? A fear of being 'labeled' or thought badly of? Well, I do and it gets pretty bad sometimes. I have such a fear of being judged that sometimes it's hard to be in public.
When I walk past people I always ask myself what they may be thinking. It's always negative though. I never, ever think that people think good things about me.
I know it's strange and sometimes hurtful to myself, but honestly I can't stop fearing people judge me.

- Jonnyjonny_uk - 06-07-2007 07:40 AM

One thing I have noticed about people in Moscow is that they certainly wont judge you because nobody ever looks at what your doing. I always hated eating in public but the other day I was so hungry I just had to eat a pie on the metro and on looking around not one person was looking at me. Also I have taken an old washing machine out of my flat at 1am and people around didnt even bother looking or paying any attention at all. This makes me feel much more at ease here because people worry about what your doing more in England, or should I say at least in the small town I was from, maybe its different in a city?

- Ana - 06-07-2007 09:59 PM

Jonnyjonny_uk Wrote:One thing I have noticed about people in Moscow is that they certainly wont judge you because nobody ever looks at what your doing. I always hated eating in public but the other day I was so hungry I just had to eat a pie on the metro and on looking around not one person was looking at me. Also I have taken an old washing machine out of my flat at 1am and people around didnt even bother looking or paying any attention at all. This makes me feel much more at ease here because people worry about what your doing more in England, or should I say at least in the small town I was from, maybe its different in a city?

Yeah, I live in a smallish town. About 1900 people. Is that small?
Well, my parents know alot of people because of their work, so inreturn alot of people know me. So someone is always stopping to talk to me or smiling and waving at me.
I also hate eating infront of people. It makes me feel like there judging how much I eat. Though I do eat less than alot of people; I feel as if they think I'm stuffing my face.

- Jonnyjonny_uk - 06-08-2007 04:36 AM

Ana Wrote:Yeah, I live in a smallish town. About 1900 people. Is that small?
Well, my parents know alot of people because of their work, so in return alot of people know me. So someone is always stopping to talk to me or smiling and waving at me.
I also hate eating infront of people. It makes me feel like there judging how much I eat. Though I do eat less than alot of people; I feel as if they think I'm stuffing my face.

I would say thats a pretty small town. I was born in a town a little bigger than that and had the same thing as you. My parents seemed to know everybody so in turn they would acknowledge me when they see me. Then I went to live in a small little village where there must of been a population of about 300 people maybe less and that was even worse because you couldnt even sneeze without somebody knowing about it.

I was always woried about eating in public mainly because im always conscious about my weight which I guess isnt common for guys? Well as I have said before I lost nearly 20kg when I was 19 so since then im always wanting to control my weight because I dont want to go back there again. That was the reason for me not wanting to eat in public, I thought people would be thinking, "oh no wonder he is fat" etc etc. Still im better now and with being here in a city as big as Moscow nobody cares anyway.

- Ana - 06-14-2007 09:04 PM

I understand the statement, 'You couldn't even sneeze without somebody knowing about it!'. :lol:
That's kind of like my town.
I lost alot of weaight last year. Then I've gained about 25 lbs back because of bad eating habits over the summer. :evil: Darn summer! Well, everyone knows about my fluctuating weight and they're always like 'Oh, your so thin and beautiful.' Sooooo annoying! :x

- Lolly - 06-14-2007 09:36 PM

Quote:Does anyone else have a fear of being judged by others?
I do sometimes but other times I realy couldn't care. It depends on what mood I'm in. I think it's human nature too think someones talking about you/judging you.

- Ana - 06-14-2007 09:46 PM

Lolly Wrote:
Quote:Does anyone else have a fear of being judged by others?
I do sometimes but other times I realy couldn't care. It depends on what mood I'm in. I think it's human nature too think someones talking about you/judging you.

Yes, it is human nature to an extent but when it impacts your life alot, then there's a problem.

- Rick61701 - 06-15-2007 01:11 PM

I live in a small town as well. But with my experience it seems like women seem to pay more attention to this. I don't care what anyone says or thinks, but I think that this is more of a man's point of view.

Rick

- Jonnyjonny_uk - 06-15-2007 09:26 PM

Rick61701 Wrote:I don't care what anyone says or thinks, but I think that this is more of a man's point of view.

Rick

Where does this leave me then? It always worried me so now im confused :lol:

- Lolly - 06-15-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:Where does this leave me then? It always worried me so now im confused
Oh dear Big Grin

- Rick61701 - 06-17-2007 02:40 AM

hmmmmm Did I say something wrong???

John... Look down and double check.....

Rick

- Lolly - 06-17-2007 05:59 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Jonnyjonny_uk - 06-17-2007 08:45 PM

Rick61701 Wrote:hmmmmm Did I say something wrong???

John... Look down and double check.....

Rick

Phew, now I can breathe a sigh of relief, thanks Rick :lol: