oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Greetings! - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to oFear The Online Fear & Phobia Forum (/f-welcome-to-ofear-the-online-fear-phobia-forum)
+--- Forum: Introductions (/f-introductions)
+--- Thread: Greetings! (/t-greetings--4713)

Greetings! - OxIzzyxO - 03-21-2011 01:02 PM

Hello! I'm new to Ofear, so I thought I'd say hi.

Here's my fancy intro:

Hi. My names Isabel. But you can call me Izzy. (Or Izz. I really don't care.) I have a severe case of Apeirophobia (or Agoraphobia) and a much lighter case of Dishabiliophobia. (Don't laugh. It scares me.)

RE: Greetings! - Snooks - 03-21-2011 03:32 PM

Hello Isabel,

Its very nice of you to join us in the forum Smile We certainly will try not to make you laugh, but hopefully you will be happy hanging around and chatting with us?

I know Ana will probably pop in later and she is lovely, you will like her. The guys are great also.....

Thanks for popping in.

Regards,
Snooks.

RE: Greetings! - Harold-L - 03-21-2011 06:36 PM

Welcome to Ofear Isabel!Big Grin (I prefer that to Izzy)
Don't worry about anyone laughing about your fears; everybody here can relate in one way or another. We're all here because of our own personal fears, so you have nothing to be ashamed about.Tongue
And if someone does laugh, I'll make that person regret itAngry

How very macho of me.Cool

Anyways, hi!

RE: Greetings! - Snooks - 03-21-2011 06:42 PM

Oops...when Isabel said "Dont laugh, it scares me", i thought she meant a person lauging scares her Sad

I misread that and im so sorry....no one in here would ever dream of laughing at you. Being concerned or anxious about something is not the slightest bit funny.

Regards.

RE: Greetings! - OxIzzyxO - 03-21-2011 11:01 PM

(03-21-2011 06:42 PM)Snooks Wrote:  Oops...when Isabel said "Dont laugh, it scares me", i thought she meant a person lauging scares her Sad

I misread that and im so sorry....no one in here would ever dream of laughing at you. Being concerned or anxious about something is not the slightest bit funny.

Regards.

Oh...No! It's okay. Really. I know no one would ever really laugh at me. And I know I shouldn't think that people would, because it's a really scary thing to me. But I myself think that my Dishabiliophobia can be kind of ridiculous. But I have had people laugh at me for it......Oh well. I'm over that now. No need to worry!!! I was just kidding! (Although your concern did quite flatter me...Lol.)

No. I'm not afraid of laughing. (Unless it's, you know......evil laughing. That can be kinda creepy.)

Thanks for welcoming me to OFear, by the way. Smile
(03-21-2011 06:36 PM)Harold-L Wrote:  Welcome to Ofear Isabel!Big Grin (I prefer that to Izzy)
Don't worry about anyone laughing about your fears; everybody here can relate in one way or another. We're all here because of our own personal fears, so you have nothing to be ashamed about.Tongue
And if someone does laugh, I'll make that person regret itAngry

How very macho of me.Cool

Anyways, hi!

Hi Harold! (My mom prefers Isabel to.)

I'm not really worried about people laughing; I was just kidding. And I'm really sorry for giving you the wrong impression. Sad I know that anyone with a real phobia would understand what it feels like, and would never even dear thinking about laughing.
Lol. Thanks. Smile

Indeed. Very macho. Wink

RE: Greetings! - Ana - 03-22-2011 05:17 AM

Welcome to the forum Isabel! Big Grin

And yeah, as everyone's stated, there's no need to worry here. Although we might not understand your phobia completely, we understand what it's like to have a phobia and that's enough to be understanding.

RE: Greetings! - OxIzzyxO - 03-22-2011 07:39 AM

Ah! The infamous Ana! It's lovely to meet you. Smile

Wow. Thanks so much you guys for making me feel so welcome! I really appreciate it.

RE: Greetings! - Ana - 03-22-2011 09:09 AM

It's nice to meet you as well. Tongue

And what can we say? We're just a welcoming bunch!

Anyways, you should venture into the other parts of the forum Isabel. Assuming you haven't already. I've yet to read the rest of the forum. But the ofear games room is good if you're looking for a laugh or two.

RE: Greetings! - OxIzzyxO - 03-22-2011 10:10 AM

Ok. Thanks. I'll go check it out now.

RE: Greetings! - Duke - 03-22-2011 03:10 PM

Hello and welcome Izzy, nice to make your acquaintance Smile

RE: Greetings! - OxIzzyxO - 03-23-2011 08:41 AM

Hello!!!

Ah! The pleasure is mine! Wink

Are you new to OFear as well? I thought I saw a new forum on the estimed "welcome" list with your name on it.

RE: Greetings! - Duke - 03-24-2011 12:57 AM

(03-23-2011 08:41 AM)OxIzzyxO Wrote:  Hello!!!

Ah! The pleasure is mine! Wink

Are you new to OFear as well? I thought I saw a new forum on the estimed "welcome" list with your name on it.
Yup I'm pretty new as well Smile

RE: Greetings! - Harold-L - 03-24-2011 01:01 AM

New people, games room, now! Angry1

I'm on my coffee break and I'm bored.Cool

RE: Greetings! - OxIzzyxO - 03-24-2011 02:27 PM

Great! Maybe we could talk sometime! Big Grin