oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Phobias - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to oFear The Online Fear & Phobia Forum (/f-welcome-to-ofear-the-online-fear-phobia-forum)
+--- Forum: Introductions (/f-introductions)
+--- Thread: Phobias (/t-phobias--4719)

Phobias - freddie42 - 03-25-2011 02:48 AM

Hi. I am a graphic design student from the UK. I'm currently in my final year and as part of my final project I am creating an awareness campaign focused on phobias.

I believe that phobias are an under recognised form of anxiety and believe that more focus should be given toward them.

As part of this project I would like to collect a range of views on phobias. This could include your phobias, how you may have treated your phobias and generally any other information you would like to share.

This is not a questionnaire as I feel that you should only share information that you wish to. All information that is received will be kept entirely anonymous.

Thanks in advance and I hope you all overcome your anxieties.

RE: Phobias - Snooks - 03-25-2011 02:30 PM

Hello freddie42 and thank you for visiting us.

Some members may reply, however many people are reluctant to discuss such facts with a stranger, even moreso when its part of a campaign or project. Anyone willing to do so will post Smile

Failing any replies, perhaps browsing our threads will assist you in some way?

Best wishes on your project Smile

Re: Phobias - freddie42 - 03-28-2011 04:12 AM

Thanks for the reply Snooks.

Yes, i appreciate that fact and can understand many people's reluctancy in discussing issues of these matter. Especially, like you said, when it is for a "campaign or project".

As I previously said all those willing to participate in any form, even in the simplest way, would be gratefully received in the strictest confidence, with no names, etc. being revealed.

I would also like to add that I have read through many of the threads on the site and have noticed how friendly and well knit this community seems to be. It shows just how constructive and helpful forums like this can be to many people.

RE: Phobias - Duke - 03-29-2011 02:24 AM

I think Snooks hit it right on the head for me as well. I don't mind coming to a site like this and sharing my thoughts but having them become part of a project of any kind would worry me.

I fully believe what you are doing is a good thing but you really have to focus on protecting the anonymity of those who choose to participate. You can run polls that ask specific questions that people vote on without having to register or login anywhere.

I run Polls at Lifesupporters now and again and in my 6 years of experience with this kind of content, it's the BEST way to come up with specific answers to specific questions.