oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Which 5 foods would you have sent to you? - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: Community (/f-community)
+--- Forum: oFear Kitchen (/f-ofear-kitchen)
+--- Thread: Which 5 foods would you have sent to you? (/t-which-5-foods-would-you-have-sent-to-you)

Which 5 foods would you have sent to you? - Ana - 03-27-2011 05:33 AM

Ok, say you move away from the country you're living in now/your home country and have the opportunity to have 5 foods that you love from that country sent to you. Which 5 foods would you choose?

RE: Which 5 foods would you have sent to you? - Harold-L - 03-27-2011 08:08 AM

Because I'm too lazy to think at the moment, I'll let you inspire me Cowie. Which five foods would you choose?Tongue

RE: Which 5 foods would you have sent to you? - Ana - 03-28-2011 07:03 AM

(03-27-2011 08:08 AM)Harold-L Wrote:  Because I'm too lazy to think at the moment, I'll let you inspire me Cowie. Which five foods would you choose?Tongue

I was hoping someone else could inspire me! Dodgy

Anyways, let me think...

1. Maple syrup (it's a staple in my diet)
2. Ketchup chips
3. Kraft Dinner (macaroni and cheese)
4. Crispy minis (healthy alternative to potato chips)
5. Bagged milk (because it tastes better out of a bag)

Ok, #5 is a joke. Undecided I ran out of ideas.

Anyways, I suppose, my list would depend on where I went. I mean, in the US, I could probably find a lot of the same foods/brands we have here. But, elsewhere, I'd probably find less similar foods/brands.

As far as I know though, ketchup chips aren't sold outside of Canada. So, those I'd definitely be sending home for. And maple syrup I could probably find... but I'd prefer the stuff from home.

And bagged milk is purely Canadian. Cool

RE: Which 5 foods would you have sent to you? - Globetrotter - 03-28-2011 08:18 AM

It's very hard deciding upon just five, but here goes:

1) Walkers Cheese and Onion crisps (which I did end up really missing when I went to New Zealand a few years ago)
2) Cadbury Diary Milk
3) Coca Cola (although something tells me that this drink may well be available worldwide!)
4) Fish (cod) & chips
5) Mars Bar ice creams

I'm such a healthy eater! Tongue

RE: Which 5 foods would you have sent to you? - Harold-L - 03-28-2011 05:41 PM

Ketchup chips, cheese and onion chips, craft dinner ...you're both very healthy eaters!!Laughing6

Not that I'm any better. But there's not a single healthy thing in this thread yet.Laughing6

This is really hard though. Most things can be found everywhere these days. Hmm let's see.

1. Natural Cashew nuts (you'd be surprised how difficult it is to find unsalted cashew nuts in some countries.)
2. Veggie salami
3. Falafel marrakech ready-made meal
4. *thinks of somethig Swedish* ...pea soup? EwUndecided
5. Astrakan's dry Cider (I'm picky about cider)

...my list is boring!Sad

RE: Which 5 foods would you have sent to you? - Ana - 03-29-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:It's very hard deciding upon just five, but here goes:

1) Walkers Cheese and Onion crisps (which I did end up really missing when I went to New Zealand a few years ago)
2) Cadbury Diary Milk
3) Coca Cola (although something tells me that this drink may well be available worldwide!)
4) Fish (cod) & chips
5) Mars Bar ice creams

I'm such a healthy eater!

Cheese and Onion crisps? Tongue Is that two separate flavors or one? It's it's just one... interesting.

Quote:Ketchup chips, cheese and onion chips, craft dinner ...you're both very healthy eaters!!

Not that I'm any better. But there's not a single healthy thing in this thread yet.

This is really hard though. Most things can be found everywhere these days. Hmm let's see.

1. Natural Cashew nuts (you'd be surprised how difficult it is to find unsalted cashew nuts in some countries.)
2. Veggie salami
3. Falafel marrakech ready-made meal
4. *thinks of somethig Swedish* ...pea soup? Ew
5. Astrakan's dry Cider (I'm picky about cider)

...my list is boring!

Your list was healthy... until you listed cider. Dodgy Drunkard.

RE: Which 5 foods would you have sent to you? - Snooks - 03-29-2011 03:18 PM

Well im afraid my list probably isnt too healthy Sad

1. Satay King Prawns and fried rice
2. Chicken wings coated in Honey Soy sauce and grilled or fried
3. Pizza of any description but using BBQ sauce, i HATE tomatoes
4. Combination omellete (chinese)
5. Bacon and fried eggs on toast, with loads of mushrooms

I love all of the above foods. Smile I would make a shocking vegetarian, though i have two friends that are. We rarely eat together (LOL)

RE: Which 5 foods would you have sent to you? - Ana - 03-30-2011 12:13 AM

(03-29-2011 03:18 PM)Snooks Wrote:  Well im afraid my list probably isnt too healthy Sad

1. Satay King Prawns and fried rice
2. Chicken wings coated in Honey Soy sauce and grilled or fried
3. Pizza of any description but using BBQ sauce, i HATE tomatoes
4. Combination omellete (chinese)
5. Bacon and fried eggs on toast, with loads of mushrooms

I love all of the above foods. Smile I would make a shocking vegetarian, though i have two friends that are. We rarely eat together (LOL)

Yeah, it doesn't sound as if you'd manage as a vegetarian. Lol.

And why do you rarely eat with your vegetarian friends? Because they comment on what you're eating? Or do you feel uncomfortable eating meat around them? Just curious. I'm a vegetarian and I've noticed that a lot of people seem to feel uncomfortable eating meat around me/talking about food with meat in it, etc.

RE: Which 5 foods would you have sent to you? - Snooks - 03-30-2011 04:46 PM

If we are at home (either parties) or at a friends we eat together but we rarely go out for a meal because we simply dont enjoy what each other person eats.

I despise paying to go out for tea and all they eat is rabbit food and garden cuttings. Dean is fine, but Sean is uncomy if we go for tea and are eating plates full of meat. Even the smell gets to him and he has his own cooking utensils at home......he does not share with the rest of his family.

Im just thinking....Sean is Vegan not vegie...he wont eat chicken eggs, fish, cheese or anything thats come from an animal. He eats just salad, soy milks, tofu and stuff like that.

Each to his own, but i do wish that they ate meat because both are skinny and Sean always looks pale. Now im fat and they have the same arguement in reverse, i should reduce the protiens and eat more veges etc. The point is that we are all true life long friends and want what is best for each other, we simply cant agree on what that is Smile

RE: Which 5 foods would you have sent to you? - Ana - 03-31-2011 01:16 AM

Well, in defense of your friend Sean, vegans/vegetarians do tend to have troubles with the smell of meat. Tongue I've started having a lot of problems with the smell of cooking meat. It's to the point where my stomach turns and I feel nauseous. So, I doubt he's trying to be problematic. At the same time though, he should try and avoid saying anything as it's not really fair to you/anyone else eating meat.

And, even if you disagree on what's best for each other, as long as you respect each other's opinions and choices, that's all that matters. Blob5

By the way, rabbit food and garden cuttings, eh? Icon_twisted I hear that all the time!

RE: Which 5 foods would you have sent to you? - Snooks - 03-31-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:At the same time though, he should try and avoid saying anything as it's not really fair to you/anyone else eating meat.

Ah, we are long term friends and totally honest with each other Smile Fair dosent come into it.....he's just taking a pot shot at me.

And i bet you do hear the comment about garden cuttings.....us Carnivores probably say that too often.