oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Hello, new and unsure member here - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to oFear The Online Fear & Phobia Forum (/f-welcome-to-ofear-the-online-fear-phobia-forum)
+--- Forum: Introductions (/f-introductions)
+--- Thread: Hello, new and unsure member here (/t-hello-new-and-unsure-member-here)

Hello, new and unsure member here - marie12 - 04-13-2011 06:22 AM

Hey
My name is Kristie and.. tbh I'm not really sure what to say here. I've never subscribed to a forum like this before and I'm not really sure on how this all works...
Basically, since I was 11 (I'm now 18) I have been extremely scared of dying and everything related to this and it is getting rapidly worse.
I was treated for OCD and depression in my early teens and even though the treatment came to an end, I still don't feel happy. This is why I have decided to try and find people that would perhaps understand how I feel.
Maybe I am being too forward but I have never truly expressed how I am feeling because no one around me can relate to it.
If there is anyone on this forum who feels that they can perhaps relate to what I am saying then that would be extremely reassuring and I would be happy to talk more.

Thank you, Kristie Blush

RE: Hello, new and unsure member here - Ana - 04-13-2011 07:05 AM

Hi Kristie. Smile Welcome to the forum.

If you're looking for a group of understanding people, you've definitely come to the right place. Although we don't all have the same issues, we all understand what it's like to have to deal with those issues.

And don't worry about being too forward. You're not being forward at all. The introduction forum is about introducing yourself and letting us all know why you're here (which you've done). Don't ever worry about expressing yourself here or being honest about your problems. That's why this forum is here.

Anyways, I'm around the same age as you (20) and I also suffer from OCD. I was diagnosed when I was 16 and OCD/anxiety has greatly impacted my life since then. So, if you'd ever like to chat, I'm sure I could relate to some extent.

Also, to help you navigate around the forum, there's an OCD section here > http://www.ofear.com/f-ocd-hocd and a depression forum here > http://www.ofear.com/f-depression-anxiety .

Hope to see you are the forum. Big Grin

RE: Hello, new and unsure member here - marie12 - 04-13-2011 07:09 AM

Oh thank you very much. It's comforting to know I'm not alone in the way I'm feeling Smile

RE: Hello, new and unsure member here - Harold-L - 04-13-2011 03:53 PM

Welcome to Ofear Marie!Big Grin
You can't be too forward on this forum.Wink

Anyway, as Ana said, it sounds as if you have come to the right place. Pretty much everyone here will be able to relate to you on some level. I don't have OCD, but I have social anxiety so I know what it's like to have these kinds of problems take over your life.

So yeah, welcome to Ofear ...again!Cool

RE: Hello, new and unsure member here - Snooks - 04-13-2011 05:14 PM

Hello Marie12,

Joining a community such as oFear is simply one of many steps that you can take in tackling your issues.

Ive always found talking to friends helps, but sometimes, well talking to "strangers" can help in a different sort of way because you can discuss things that perhaps you dont wish to discuss with friends.

Its very nice to meet you Smile

RE: Hello, new and unsure member here - Slaka - 04-15-2011 03:00 PM

Also the thing I love her is you can say whats going on or how your feeling and at least someone (but probably many) people can relate and you don't have to worry about someone seeing you as "crazy" which is why it is difficult for me to talk to my friends but very comforting to log on to Ofear. Hope we can help.

take care
Slaka

RE: Hello, new and unsure member here - Jas - 04-16-2011 08:34 AM

Herro there Smile

RE: Hello, new and unsure member here - Duke - 04-22-2011 12:42 AM

Hi marie and welcome to Ofear. I'm sure you'll find in no time that you did the right thing in registering here because it's a great place to discuss issues such as the one you face. It's always good to get things off your chest and oftentimes, just doing so can actually lead one on the path of healing.

While I'm not terrified of death, it's something that I think about more now than at any time ever in my life. A very good friend of mine passed a few years ago and I didn't even know it until he was already gone.

We spent a lot of time together as we worked together, were ski buddies and we also practiced and competed in a double in rowing. He became a brother to me and we were pretty much inseparable.

Then he died and I never got to say goodbye and it haunts me very much and very frequently.

While I do think of death a lot now because of it, I'm not as afraid of death as I was years ago. I think the reason for this is, back when I was afraid, there were elements in my life that I wasn't proud of. I had done things that were unthoughtful, selfish or just wrong which also sometimes victimized others.

I've worked very hard to change this about myself. I've started up my own website to help others face their issues, I've worked hard on fixing the things about myself I don't like, I've done my best to be a good father and I've removed the "bad people" from my life.

Now that I'm more at peace than at anytime in my life, I no longer fear death.

A part of me wonders if your fear of death comes from a lack of inner peace?

Any thoughts on the matter?

RE: Hello, new and unsure member here - Slaka - 04-25-2011 11:14 AM

nice post alter-ego! Def got me thinking.