oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Slaka's Randomness - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: Community (/f-community)
+--- Forum: oFear Members Diary (/f-ofear-members-diary)
+--- Thread: Slaka's Randomness (/t-slaka-s-randomness)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Slaka's Randomness - Slaka - 04-27-2011 04:09 PM

My goal is to loose 25 lbs. (more would be better) But I would be pretty happy with that. Haven't been there in some years.

I put this out there so I would hopefully be more motivated to actually do this because its not longer a "private fail".

RE: Exercise! :-/ - Slaka - 04-28-2011 06:35 PM

2 lbs out of 25. I'm determined.
(7/27) 7lbs out of 25lbs gone. Smile I am working on it.
I think I need to join a gym. But I hate to pay the money when I often don't use them enough. The gym I really want to join is not close to me at all. So I think I am stuck joining a gym that costs more and isn't nearly as good. But I honestly want my muscles back! We will see.

Also this is my 50th post cuz I'm the bomb. Cool

RE: Exercise! :-/ - Slaka - 05-02-2011 01:09 PM

Yesterday I hopped over a porch fence, have bad ankles and just landed wrong and kinda collapsed on myself. Messed up both my ankles and my left knee. My ankles are feeling better but my knee (which didn't hurt much to start with) is really bugging me. Have to do stairs one at a time and try not to bend it. lol. Yep. Happened completely sober too. My mom JUST hopped it SUCCESSFULLY. rofl. Yep. Story of my life.

RE: Exercise! :-/ - Snooks - 05-02-2011 05:15 PM

NO. NO. NO Slaka.....you dont get off that easily Smile Ok, your legs are a problem, but get to work on your upper body strength, arms, chest etc.

You can do some arm curls, hand stregth exercises and work the abdomen muscles. Then perhaps we can work on some mental strength techniques.

C'Mon....Hop to it Smile

RE: Exercise! :-/ - Slaka - 05-03-2011 03:04 PM

lol. I should work out at least you are right. But mostly i need to loose weight which means CADIO which I can not do (at the moment). But I'm barely limping now so hopefully in just another day or two I can start back up again in the elliptical. Really I had 2 miles out of my 2.5 (for the week) done already and I was only like 4 days into it. Hell I may even be able to finish by the time the whole week is up! and I don't see you running with me thank you very much!! lol

RE: Exercise! :-/ - Snooks - 05-03-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:Hell I may even be able to finish by the time the whole week is up! and I don't see you running with me thank you very much!! lo

I swear that i am typing this as i ride an exercise bike Angel7 *cough*

RE: Exercise! :-/ - Slaka - 05-06-2011 03:38 PM

Lol. Ok as long as you promise snooks! I felt fine as of wednesday (finally) so jumped on the elliptical for two seperate half miles then my ankle was bugging me.... Think its related?? lol
I used it today too but only a half mile. I 'notice' my ankle more but its not like it actually hurts. So i'm trying to still exercise while not hurting it.

Also not sure where to put this part but here should be as good as any.
I will probably be getting a bit behind on posts for a while. Not that I have been busy. Just very antisocial. I got rid of the ex, basically lost my best friend, another good friend is good friends which my old best friend so i feel as if i can't talk to him. The other pretty good friend I feel as if i'm harassing and trying to bother less. But anyways I've been sitting at home and just not really doing anything. I think thats the only reason I've been exercising. lol. But i'm kinda taking a break from people and just getting lost in myself for a while. But i'll still be around OF COURSE.

Oh and good news--> got 2 different books from work on how to better communitcate. Started reading one last night (quarter of the way through-VERY easy read) and it has a lot of little helpful tips that I think could help me and just be helpful that I will be posting some on here once i'm done to maybe help someone else too. I think if i remember the tips it will help me talk to people!

RE: Exercise! :-/ - Snooks - 05-06-2011 03:57 PM

Hi Ya Slaka,

The beauty of conversing in here is that you do as little or as much as you want, whenever you want Smile

You just be sure to remember where we are and that you are always very welcome in here Smile IT will be interesting to hear how you get on with those books.

RE: Exercise! :-/ - Slaka - 05-07-2011 03:42 PM

Well its not the conversing part-but now that I love this place I must read EVERY post. (not so much from pre-slaka times) but when its been a bit since i have been here i'm on FOREVER catching up! Heaven forbid I miss anything! I may be delayed but I sure wont be missing!

Bad part about me exercising again is now my left ankle is just staying sore. But I havent been motivated to exerise like this for YEARS so I don't want to let it go! So now I'm just doing my "minimum" and not pushing any farther hoping it will still heal like that. *fingers crossed* And yes I know I'm stubborn like that Smile

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Snooks - 05-07-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:So now I'm just doing my "minimum" and not pushing any farther hoping it will still heal like that

So i guess today you only did 20 miles jogging, 200 chin ups and 50 push ups?? RAFL Smile

Seriously though....i admire your making the effort because i like to do some exrecise but im getting so lazy and an expert at making up excuses (to myself) Sad

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Slaka - 05-08-2011 11:46 AM

Hey I have stuck to a half mile a day. Cept somedays I do a half mile and go do another half mile a couple hours later.... But thats besides the point! lol And I would be pretty freakin happy if I could do a push up! But I can only do the girly ones. lol Smile

Its been easier to exercise since I have absolutely no social life now. But I'm sure whenever I get a social life again I will be back to not exercising. So I have to do what I can now! I can't make too many excuses to myself when I only work part time and take one class! lol (i'm sure now that class started though I will be slacking more though...).

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Snooks - 05-08-2011 11:55 AM

Who knows....perhaps you will meet some gorgeous new guy and he has a passion for exercise Smile That may get you more involved and hey presto, size 10 in a few months Smile

Blob5

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Slaka - 05-08-2011 03:59 PM

lol. that would be kinda nice. Except I often like being lazy and chilling on the couch but it would not be good for me to be with someone "too active" cuz then I would feel like a lazy person. (which I am, but I don't want to be reminded of it every day while they got big muscles and I got....well... a spare tire). lol

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Slaka - 05-09-2011 02:03 PM

So I realized I MUST get my new anti-depression script this week and start it by this weekend AT THE LATEST. I am determined. I just have been procratinating it for a month now or so.

Some days are better then others. Today was just a bad day. But considering its possible it doesn't have to be that way I'm kinda mad at myself for not trying. Now its out there and I will feel more obligated to get it taken care of.

I woke up from a nap today (only got like 3 hours sleep last night-always worse when I'm tired) and I had to force my self to get out of bed. I just kept laying there thinking of how I just want "it" to be over. Its not always so much about being "sad", just tired of trying really. *sigh*.

I will get my script.
I will get my script.
Repeat.

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Ana - 05-10-2011 10:57 AM

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad day Slaka. Did you end up getting your prescription filled? Did you start it already/plan on starting it soon?

Anyways, I'm sure you're trying. You're working, going to school, etc. So, in my opinion, you're trying. Depression makes you not want to do that stuff. Thus, the fact that you're doing that stuff is something to be proud of. You're getting out of the house everyday and trying.

Hopefully yesterday was just one of those days, and today was better.