oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Slaka's Randomness - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: Community (/f-community)
+--- Forum: oFear Members Diary (/f-ofear-members-diary)
+--- Thread: Slaka's Randomness (/t-slaka-s-randomness)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Ana - 11-04-2011 03:00 AM

(10-27-2011 10:05 AM)Slaka Wrote:  So I bought a scrap book yesterday. And a bunch of inserts. I want to start scrap booking. I do need to get a digital camera first however. :/

Hmm... So I think I am going to look at going through my old pictures and getting them sized right and start scrap booking that. So maybe for Christmas I can get a pity camera...

Youwish

Or I'll just have to buy myself a cheap one. Wink

I'll get around to it eventually.

I actually got involved in scrapbooking a couple of years ago. 005_shappy It's definitely a fun hobby to have if you're interested in crafts/art, etc. The only issue I ended up having with it was that it was quite the investment (with both time and money). But, if you have the time and some extra money for it, it's a good hobby to have. As Snooks mentioned, preserving those memories means so much in the long run. There's nothing better than being able to look back on good times. Especially when they're preserved in a creative manner (like you see in scrapbooks).

As for the camera, in my opinion, you should try and get a half decent camera Slaka. Not an SLR or anything, but maybe a Canon point and shoot camera. I have a Canon powershot... something or other that cost me a little over $200 a couple of years back and it's the best camera I've ever had. It's nothing fancy but it definitely does the job well. If you take care of your things, a camera would be an investment. I'm sure you could get a good one for around $200 (especially with Christmas sales, etc coming up) that'd last you some time.

(11-01-2011 07:05 PM)Snooks Wrote:  Slaka, my wife has things you wouldnt believe. When Tim was born he had Jaundice. Jaundice is cured by keeping the baby under UV lights for 4-5 days.....but the lights can cause blindness. So they made little silver foil sunglasses that you cant see through, if you know what i mean.......we still have them.

I had a son who sadly died the day he was born (Brendan Peter) and a daughter (Teegan Marie) that died at a month old, never leaving hospital.

Bonnie has every little thing you can think of and the are mementoes. Not the sort that you get out often and each is stored in a little box in the wardrobe but every now and then we have some reason to take a look.............

Their short lives are are stored in a box and the box is full of memories.......Wouldnt it be nice when you are old to look back on your childs life, even your grandchilds and if you are really evil like me.....well you can bring out the most embarrasing photos at just the correct time Smile lol

First off, I'm sorry to hear about your son and daughter Snooks. It's good to hear that your wife was able to put aside the few belongings they both had though. I'm sure it hurts sometimes to see them and know they're around but it also sounds like you two find some sort of comfort in taking a look at them from time to time.

And you keep all embarrassing photos stashed away for a rainy day too, eh? Laughing6 You sound like my Dad. He's under the belief that a parents job is to embarrass their children at every given opportunity. Though, he doesn't stash away embarassing photos. He frames them and points them out to everyone that steps foot in the house. "That's my daughter... when she shaved all her hair off! 005_shappy"

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Snooks - 11-04-2011 05:00 PM

@ Anna

Your Dad sounds totally evil Smile Thats a pre-rquisite to being a loving father....its makes the whole thing a lot more fun lol Ive got some beauties saved up for when any one of my 3 get married, i bet your Dad has something special for you too Smile

LOL

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Slaka - 11-08-2011 10:43 AM

Snooks I am very sorry to hear what you went through with loosing your children like that! That is something no one should have to deal with and my heart def goes out to you and your wife.
It is however great she saved all those. Thats really cool to have so many things to look back on. My mom just tells me stories about "this and that" and always says I wish I would have saved that! or I wish I had a picture! and I do not want to be that person!

Ana the problem I got is I drop things. A lot. lol. my phone all the time and I'm sure a camera too so I don't want to spend so much on something I'll destroy. I actually have like a 600 buck camcorder/camera but its very big so i can not just throw it in my purse and cuz of that I never use it. :/
I did just get a smart phone that takes decent pics. So time will tell if that is what I want to go with for my picture taking.

I did just go on a very interesting date last night. He is a contractor at my work and we have been chatting with me for a few weeks now. That will be going very slow because of the situation. He is a decent amount older then me but I don't act as much like a "kid" either. But we do seem to click very well and I had a lot of fun. I also quite talking to a number of people in my life that I needed to and am actually feeling.... very HAPPY! (no anti depressants either!). So I am happy about the happy! I've been doing pretty well for a couple weeks now so I am hoping it sticks. Maybe it was just the extra stress that was adding up.

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Ana - 11-10-2011 12:03 AM

(11-04-2011 05:00 PM)Snooks Wrote:  @ Anna

Your Dad sounds totally evil Smile Thats a pre-rquisite to being a loving father....its makes the whole thing a lot more fun lol Ive got some beauties saved up for when any one of my 3 get married, i bet your Dad has something special for you too Smile

LOL

Well, I suppose after all we put our parents through as children, they deserve to have a little fun. Laughing6 And, sadly, my Dad's already stated that he has some nice pictures lined up for my wedding day as well, yes.

(11-08-2011 10:43 AM)Slaka Wrote:  Ana the problem I got is I drop things. A lot. lol. my phone all the time and I'm sure a camera too so I don't want to spend so much on something I'll destroy. I actually have like a 600 buck camcorder/camera but its very big so i can not just throw it in my purse and cuz of that I never use it. :/
I did just get a smart phone that takes decent pics. So time will tell if that is what I want to go with for my picture taking.

I did just go on a very interesting date last night. He is a contractor at my work and we have been chatting with me for a few weeks now. That will be going very slow because of the situation. He is a decent amount older then me but I don't act as much like a "kid" either. But we do seem to click very well and I had a lot of fun. I also quite talking to a number of people in my life that I needed to and am actually feeling.... very HAPPY! (no anti depressants either!). So I am happy about the happy! I've been doing pretty well for a couple weeks now so I am hoping it sticks. Maybe it was just the extra stress that was adding up.

You tend to drop things too, eh? I've never dropped my camera or anything but I'm known for throwing my cell phone around. Though, I recently got a new one as well and haven't dropped it at all yet (knock on wood). But, if that's the case and your phone takes half decent pictures, maybe you are best sticking with that. Or, like you said, get a cheap camera that you're not terrified of dropping.

It's good to hear that you went on a nice date with one of the guys from your work. I wouldn't worry too much about the age difference though. Well, I suppose it depends on how large the age gap is but, for the most part, I don't think age gaps are too big of an issue. Like you said, you don't act like a kid. If it doesn't bother you or him, what should it matter?

And it's also good to hear that you're doing better as far as stress, etc goes. Sadly, I think work stress can interfere with our personal lives quite a bit. I'm very stressed out with work right now and it's like I just can't escape it. I come home and all I think about is work and everything that's stressing me out. So, I think that having limited stress at work helps a lot.

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Slaka - 11-15-2011 05:23 PM

I had my smart phone for 3 days and in the 3 days I dropped it twice. Right after paying a ton for it of course! so I want to get phone insurance I just need to go up there and get it set up before its too late!!!

It is a rather big age difference. Normally age differences do well for me cuz people my age and me don't do well. lol. But I realized I am just way to busy I don't really have time to be seeing anyone. And part of me doesn't want to either.

On scrap booking I have a lot of old pic's I want to get together first so I think I will start mostly focusing on that and then worrying about the picture thing later if I don't really use my phone.
"I'll think about that tomorrow" lol

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Slaka - 02-12-2012 05:36 PM

So I want so much to really be a "part" of my family. But every time I see them I feel more alone then anything when I leave. Its made very clear how different we all are and how much the don't really like me. Then of course I think they are all talking about how shitty or rude I am cuz of blah blah... which I'm sure is half in my head but half true. Hell we were playing phase ten and I was keeping track of points and who was on what phase and my mom snapped at me cuz I said she was doing the wrong phase she was on the next phase (which means she had to wait for one more care). Its like fine play what one you want but that's what I had down but my whole family just snaps at the little stupid things like that and I'm left feeling worthless. Great. Not to count I got a cold stuck in my lungs so I've had issues breathing ecen though the rest of the cold issues are gone. I'm really just doing drugs to sleep through what I can. But I've had to miss work already cuz of it. :-\

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Globetrotter - 02-15-2012 12:29 AM

(02-12-2012 05:36 PM)Slaka Wrote:  So I want so much to really be a "part" of my family. But every time I see them I feel more alone then anything when I leave. Its made very clear how different we all are and how much the don't really like me. Then of course I think they are all talking about how shitty or rude I am cuz of blah blah... which I'm sure is half in my head but half true. Hell we were playing phase ten and I was keeping track of points and who was on what phase and my mom snapped at me cuz I said she was doing the wrong phase she was on the next phase (which means she had to wait for one more care). Its like fine play what one you want but that's what I had down but my whole family just snaps at the little stupid things like that and I'm left feeling worthless.

Aren't families wonderful?! 005_sconfused

Sometimes it feels as if the conditioning I received from my family when I was growing up has well and truly psychological screwed me up for life! I still clearly remember an incident from when I was seven years old, where it became apparent that my family didn't have any faith in me to accomplish a certain school task. This trait still persists in them today - I could be the most successful Prime Minister in history/ climb the highest mountains in the world in record time, and yet they would still have it. 005_ssad

Changing the subject Slaka, on another thread I saw that you were contemplating a long drive to visit your friend and possibly your brother. Did you manage to get round to it yet?

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Slaka - 02-23-2012 08:45 PM

So my ex step dad finally replied to an email I sent like a month ago. So I went into insta panic attack. Basically he was my dad for a lot of years and just... Quit liking me. Idk. It has really bothered me for a long time. When things fell apart so much of my life fell apart. Its really messed with me. But I accepted I wasn't going to hear back from him. And now that i did idk what to think. I guess maybe I could help heal. But mostly I don't think it will go anywhere so I can feel better so now i'm worried it will just end up worse. My past has really messed me up. I think most of my issues come from the last couple years my step dad had lived with us. I just don't know how to fix these issues. Its like out of anyone he was like my daddy and I just want his approval. But I also know he turned his back on me. Bad. He was not good to and used to put me down bad when I was already going through enough hell. It just hurts too much and I really don't know how to deal.

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Snooks - 02-24-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:It just hurts too much and I really don't know how to deal.

I think you are dealing with it....slowly but surely.

You cant expect to erase the pain of rejection from your step-father, overnight. Its not something i have endured so i can only guess at what you are going through.....but i feel that many times you are way too hard on yourself and not even close to being as "bad" as you imagine.

You certainly wouldnt be holding the respectable job that you do, if you wernt doing a good job, being a nice and respectable person and doping wellSmile

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Slaka - 02-29-2012 12:43 PM

I think it has helped. He said in one email all the hell I went through was my fault. When really I was 14. You can't blame a kid for all that. I think it says mluch more about him then me. On another note I'm now admitted to the hospital (again) but this time due to pneumonia. Never had it before. Had a cold most of the month and two nights ago I got a bad asthma flare up. Took a few breathing treatments and was able to sleep 3 hours. Woke up with it really bad. Did a total of like 12 breathing treatments before. I called 911 (well had texted my mom to do it. I couldn't get away from my meds long enough to make my phone call. Had 2 more treatments before they got there. Feeling so much better been here 2 days as of tomorrow. But they are keeping me for the iv drugs. (Just iv steroids now. Can finally take antibiotic pills. Hell a couple years ago I coughed a hole in my lung and I was breathing better. I was very scared I wasn't going to make it that time. Never needed an abulance before either. Very happy I can breathe again. :-)

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Harold-L - 02-29-2012 04:45 PM

I've never had pneumonia myself, but it certainly doesn't sound like any fun!Scared I hope you get better soon Slaka.

I have to admit that I'm a little jealous. You get to enjoy all that delicious hospital food and I don't.Wink

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Slaka - 03-12-2012 07:28 PM

Also all that restful hospital sleep on those comfy beds!
The food actually wasn't that bad. They kept me for a couple days and sent me home with a bunch of meds. Tons of steroids and antibiotics. Since I was sick like all of feb and was on so many steroids I gained fifteen pounds since the start of feb. =-O I'm off them now but they stay in your system about five days. So I'm starting my crazy intense gym routine this week but I can't start my intense diet until next week cuz I'm hungry every hour. But I'm recording what I eat starting this week and trying to at least make better choices. Obviously I'm feeling a bit better health wise but definetely more depressed!

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Slaka - 03-18-2013 06:43 PM

Hello friends. I can't believe a whole year has gone by! Recently I moved into my own house which I'm still rather excited about the fact that I have MY home. But with the weather starting to warm up, I am starting to get nervous about it maybe having a bee/hornet/wasp problem of some sort. Not that it shows any signs-but the last few houses I've lived in have had a HUGE problem where of course my room has it the worst. I'm lucky like that. I just hope I don't have those issues here. I can deal with other issues fine-just not that one. Stupid phobias. :/

But I do have some good news- I may be going back to school this summer. Thinking social work. I hate that I would be making roughly what I make now but having to have the cost of school added to it. But its a field I think I would truly enjoy moving up in. I LOVE psychology-but If i started with social work I think I would maybe make some connections so one day would be able to keep moving around in that field. Idk. But miss school.

But big hugs to all the "old timers" still around-and I'm back! (oh probably no internet this upcoming week-changing service around so heads up!)
Smile

RE: Slaka's Randomness - luba - 03-18-2013 10:37 PM

Hello, Slaka, Welcome back!Smile Great to hear your News!Smile

RE: Slaka's Randomness - Snooks - 03-23-2013 01:42 AM

You are right Luba, it is great to hear from Slaka and like me, im sure that you can hear the positive tone and happines in her voice.

Man....this has made my day knowing how well things are going for her Smile Smile