oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Ofear Phototriss - Three Pictures, One Theme. - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: Community (/f-community)
+--- Forum: oFear Photo Studio (/f-ofear-photo-studio)
+--- Thread: Ofear Phototriss - Three Pictures, One Theme. (/t-ofear-phototriss-three-pictures-one-theme)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Ofear Phototriss - Three Pictures, One Theme. - Harold-L - 07-12-2011 02:42 PM

make this section of the forum more active.Cool
I remember that we used to have photo competitions and stuff, that was kind of fun. Maybe we could do something similar? Not necessarily a competition, but we could still do a monthly thing here.
I read about something called "Fototriss" in Sweden that a lot of bloggers are participating in. Each month a theme is given, and each participant then uploads three different pictures each relating to the theme. I don't think most people really do it to compete, they just do it as a fun thing.
So, would anyone be up for that? It'd just be fun to be a bit creative together and see the different ways people go about handling the themes. No voting, no competing, just for the fun of it. Anyone interested?005_stongue

RE: We should.... - Snooks - 07-12-2011 05:18 PM

Count me in Harold, it sounds like fun Smile

Now what's a good theme??

RE: We should.... - Somnium Shadow - 07-12-2011 09:48 PM

Sounds like a wonderful idea! I've been in a real picture-taking mood as of late. Could do some sort of landscape theme or something completely random like people wearing pajamas in public (my half-sister does this, I'm still not quite sure why).

RE: We should.... - Harold-L - 07-13-2011 02:28 AM

Yay, people are showing interest!Cool

As for the themes, the whole phototriss thingy seems to have been going on for quite some time, so there is a long list of themes on their blog. We could simply be a little naughty and steal their themes. The first theme on their list is "Animals" so, should we make this month's theme animals?
I'll just go ahead and post the first 10 items from the list so that you can see what kind of themes that are on there.Tongue (I'd simply post a link to their blog, but everything's in Swedish so that wouldn't work.005_stongue)

1. Animals.
2. Three colours.
3. Buildings.
4. Old.
5. Water.
6. Through.
7. Movement.
8. Three details.
9. Three pictures, one song. (the three pictures are supposed to represent one particular song of your choice.)
10. Your choice of the 9 previous themes.

Also, shall we make it a weekly thing instead? A month is a long time to wait.Scared

Any other ideas? Does this sound okay? The theme list is pretty long, and there seem to be some quite diverse things on there so I think it could be fun.Blob5

RE: Ofear Phototriss - Three Pictures, One Theme. - Globetrotter - 07-13-2011 08:19 AM

A good idea Harold, although I would probably struggle to get round to posting three pictures a week.

In terms of other possible themes.... weather, seasons, laughter, groups, history, dreams.

(BTW, Animals seems like a good theme to start with. Happy7 ).

RE: Ofear Phototriss - Three Pictures, One Theme. - Harold-L - 07-13-2011 06:30 PM

We could make it one picture peer week? I think the idea behind the three pictures is that it'd be a little more of a challenge to take three different pictures on a single theme.
Or...we could make it three pictures, but if someone only has time for one that's ok too? I don't know. We could also make it a monthly thing if you guys prefer that.Blob5

As for your themes, I like all of them except "laughter". I can so imagine myself sneaking around, taking pictures of random strangers laughing, just to get a punch in the face or something.Laughing6

Just to get things going...
Our first Phototriss ...event, session, thingy!
Theme: Animals
Deadline: July 24th (this week and the next one)
Amount of pictures: 1-3.

Eh, eh? How about that?Cool
Should we make a different thread where we post our pictures? Or should we just do it in this one? I don't know what's best.005_sconfused
Oh and no voting for the "best pictures" or anything like that. I don't want this to become a competition. People should be able to be creative together without it having to be a competition. Life is too full of competitions as it is.005_ssleepy
We could make a weekly poster of all the pictures. That way we all collaborate to create something snazzy together!005_sbiggrin

RE: Ofear Phototriss - Three Pictures, One Theme. - Snooks - 07-13-2011 07:25 PM

Animals suits me fine Smile

I dont mind any method....i guess posting in gere ios as good as anything and breaks up the talking posts a bit....im looking forward to seeing some photos Smile

RE: Ofear Phototriss - Three Pictures, One Theme. - Harold-L - 07-14-2011 07:40 PM

In here it is then!Cool

Now... to find some animals. I don't want all my pictures to be of cats, but I'm surrounded by cats. I don't know where to find any other animals.Laughing6

RE: Ofear Phototriss - Three Pictures, One Theme. - Snooks - 07-14-2011 08:17 PM

Hope those flea bitten cats photos aint going to attack my precious tweety bird photos? (LOL)

RE: Ofear Phototriss - Three Pictures, One Theme. - Harold-L - 07-15-2011 08:22 PM

Knowing my cat, your bird would probably kick his butt.Laughing6

He's a pacifist.Cool

RE: Ofear Phototriss - Three Pictures, One Theme. - Harold-L - 07-19-2011 11:37 PM

Peeps, phototriss! Wacha waiting for? Huh?005_smad

...this is so not going to get any entries.Laughing6
Urrhh, I'll upload three cellphone pictures from the shelter to get things started. Maybe that'll get someone to join in.Blob5

Older kittens!

Aaaand, sleepy dawg in my lap.Cool

RE: Ofear Phototriss - Three Pictures, One Theme. - Globetrotter - 07-21-2011 06:30 AM

Well I spent an age last night trying to upload some photos, but I still can't do it. 005_smad

I want my photos to be thumbnail clickable, and in the properties part, to say 'oFear.com attachment' (rather than it being a link to my album on the photo uploading site).

RE: Ofear Phototriss - Three Pictures, One Theme. - Harold-L - 07-21-2011 08:03 AM

^What exactly happens when you try to upload them? I didn't run into any problems when I uploaded my pictures.005_sconfused

RE: Ofear Phototriss - Three Pictures, One Theme. - Snooks - 07-21-2011 06:31 PM

Hi Globetrotter, just save the photo on your desktop, name it what you want and then upload it as an attachment.

It should be simple Smile

Cute cats there and the dog looks so cheeky Smile

Im working on some photos of the birds, its been very windy and rainy so not real good for taking photos. 1-2 days i hope Smile

RE: Ofear Phototriss - Three Pictures, One Theme. - Globetrotter - 07-22-2011 08:05 AM

Sorted (finally!) Dance

Some old holiday photos:

Of the bird statue, I happened to be there on the day it was being unveiled by a famous British comedian - Ronnie Corbett.

Of the group of otters, the photo was taken on a very rainy day at Edinburgh Zoo.

Of the black swan, at the time I wasn't quite sure whether I was about to be attacked! (Thankfully I wasn't - it was just after some food).