oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Hi all - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to oFear The Online Fear & Phobia Forum (/f-welcome-to-ofear-the-online-fear-phobia-forum)
+--- Forum: Introductions (/f-introductions)
+--- Thread: Hi all (/t-hi-all--4959)

Hi all - L-Una - 08-30-2011 10:52 PM

I'm female from the UK and I have a phobia of Frogs and I think it's getting worse!

RE: Hi all - Globetrotter - 08-31-2011 08:21 AM

Hi L-Una, and a warm welcome to oFear! Wave

Have you sought any help regarding your phobia?

RE: Hi all - Snooks - 08-31-2011 04:04 PM

Hi L-Una,

Welcome to Ofear and nice to have you here.

Its funny, im based in Sydney Australia and as a kid there used to be lots of frogs. I dont recall seeing any for years and years until last Winter when i moved house into an area verging on native bushland.

I can understand why you dont like them, they arent the most attractive creature on Earth.

RE: Hi all - L-Una - 08-31-2011 09:21 PM

(08-31-2011 04:04 PM)Snooks Wrote:  Hi L-Una,

Welcome to Ofear and nice to have you here.

Its funny, im based in Sydney Australia and as a kid there used to be lots of frogs. I dont recall seeing any for years and years until last Winter when i moved house into an area verging on native bushland.

I can understand why you dont like them, they arent the most attractive creature on Earth.

That's the funny thing,I know they are harmless and looking at them objectively I can see they are quite cute! I don't hate them just fear them!

(08-31-2011 08:21 AM)Globetrotter Wrote:  Hi L-Una, and a warm welcome to oFear! Wave

Have you sought any help regarding your phobia?

Thank you for the welcome.
No I haven't ,most days it's not an issue as I don't come across them that often ,maybe that is why it feels like it's getting worse when I do see them?

RE: Hi all - Ana - 09-01-2011 12:36 AM

Welcome to the forum L-Una. 005_shappy

I think it'd make sense that maybe, due to the few frog sightings you have, that you may feel as if it's getting worse at times. If you go some time without even seeing a frog, then see one and absolutely panic, then all you're going to focus on is the fact that you panicked the way you did. It's probably easier to track any phobia related progress when your phobia's based on something you're regularly faced with.

Either way though, regardless of severity, etc, a phobia's a pain. I know you already stated that you haven't sought help for your phobia but have you ever considered doing so? Or do you not feel as if your phobia's severe enough?

RE: Hi all - Harold-L - 09-03-2011 07:43 PM

Welcome to Ofear Luna!005_shappy

Don't we already have a Luna?005_sconfused You'll be Luna 2.0!