oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Head trembling? - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: List of Phobias (/f-list-of-phobias)
+--- Forum: Social Anxiety Disorder - Social Phobia (/f-social-anxiety-disorder-social-phobia)
+--- Thread: Head trembling? (/t-head-trembling)

Head trembling? - heathertreat - 09-24-2011 01:30 PM

This sounds really weird and I'm not even sure how to explain it, but this just started happening to me a few months ago. Whenever I'm making eye contact with someone I don't know and am not comfortable with, the back of my head/neck start trembling. I feel like it has effected my ability to have successful job interviews recently. When it starts to happen I have to put my hand on the back of my neck to try to hide it. Another thing that happens is I feel like I concentrate too hard with people and almost look like I'm mad. I can feel my eyebrows tense up and push down and I can't do anything to relax. Does this happen to anyone else??

RE: Head trembling? - Snooks - 09-24-2011 07:07 PM

In very stressful situations I have a similar thing in that i feel my right eye twitching, almost like a very strong blink.

My wife asures me she cant see it but it makes me very uneasy. Sad

RE: Head trembling? - Somnium Shadow - 09-25-2011 10:22 PM

I've never had this happen, but I have heard of it happening before. It's usually not noticeable to others, but can cause anxiety with the person experiencing it.

Have you tried any methods to try to release the anxiety? Something as simple as taking a few deep breaths may ease the tension. What was your social life like before this started happening? Was there some sort of event that lead up to the trembling?