oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Slender Man - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: Phobias by category (/f-phobias-by-category)
+--- Forum: People & Places (/f-people-places)
+--- Thread: Slender Man (/t-slender-man)

Slender Man - NMAN655 - 12-30-2011 11:04 AM

Yes, i know that things like these probaly arent appreciated here but i need help. Im am utterly TERRIFIED of slender man. i find myself looking behind me, being afraid of dark plces, and almost constantly shaking. I have paranoria and anxiety which dosent help but i need to find a way to cope with this fear.

RE: Slender Man - Snooks - 12-30-2011 05:26 PM

Welcome to the forumSmile

Am i correct in assuming that you are a female? Is there anything specific about slender men that bothers you and do you know when this first started?

RE: Slender Man - CF43 - 07-27-2012 06:43 PM

(12-30-2011 11:04 AM)NMAN655 Wrote:  Yes, i know that things like these probaly arent appreciated here but i need help. Im am utterly TERRIFIED of slender man. i find myself looking behind me, being afraid of dark plces, and almost constantly shaking. I have paranoria and anxiety which dosent help but i need to find a way to cope with this fear.

Just try not to think about him and remember he is not real he is a story just like vampires and ware wolfs also if you are about to freak out try to take deep breath and listen to some music or play some video games or computer games and do not look him up on the internet ever again I hope this helps.

RE: Slender Man - adamr84 - 01-14-2013 01:19 AM

Have you ever tried NLP fast phobia cure for that?

RE: Slender Man - forkezan - 02-21-2013 03:13 AM

For the uninitiated the OP is afraid of "Slender Man", an internet meme about a tall thin, faceless figure that randomly appears behind people, watching you. It sounds silly yes but once I played the game Slender where you are running around looking for clues to finish the game, and Slender Man is standing in the distance, then gone, then you turn around and he's there, then he's gone. It's creepy. Just remember he's not real.

RE: Slender Man - indigocat - 04-15-2013 10:17 PM

He's not real at all. All those pictures were rendered by artists. The story was made up to terrify people and to "troll" them. You have absolutely nothing to worry about.