oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Phobia with no name? - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: List of Phobias (/f-list-of-phobias)
+--- Forum: Other phobias (/f-other-phobias)
+--- Thread: Phobia with no name? (/t-phobia-with-no-name)

Phobia with no name? - Xaviaist - 10-24-2012 10:22 PM

Hey! So, I have a phobia, a nightmare-inducing one, but no name for it. It's a fear of large things in the sky. It's not megalophobia, because large things otherwise don't bother me. And it's not uranophobia, because the sky itself does not bother me. It's just specifically large things in the sky.

If I see a plane, or blimp or something like that in the sky, it doesn't bother me, because they're small when in flight. If I see a larger moon (although I love the moon), or certain big clouds, I freak out. I have nightmares about several large moons, certain clouds, connected constellations, and large symbols in the sky. It is terrifying.

So, there we are. I have a phobia of large things in the sky. Large things on the ground, planes and blimps: Nothing. Big things in the sky: Terrified. I just want to know what to call my fear.

Help?

RE: Phobia with no name? - Snooks - 10-27-2012 12:57 PM

I'm looking around to see what i could be, but as yet i have had no success.

As soon as i find out i will post it here.

RE: Phobia with no name? - Karalyn - 01-04-2018 04:24 PM

(10-24-2012 10:22 PM)Xaviaist Wrote:  Hey! So, I have a phobia, a nightmare-inducing one, but no name for it. It's a fear of large things in the sky. It's not megalophobia, because large things otherwise don't bother me. And it's not uranophobia, because the sky itself does not bother me. It's just specifically large things in the sky.

If I see a plane, or blimp or something like that in the sky, it doesn't bother me, because they're small when in flight. If I see a larger moon (although I love the moon), or certain big clouds, I freak out. I have nightmares about several large moons, certain clouds, connected constellations, and large symbols in the sky. It is terrifying.

So, there we are. I have a phobia of large things in the sky. Large things on the ground, planes and blimps: Nothing. Big things in the sky: Terrified. I just want to know what to call my fear.

Help?

OMG I feel the exact same way, I couldnt find a name either and this is the oly link I saw that relates