oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Battling Pseudodysphagia - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: Community (/f-community)
+--- Forum: oFear Members Diary (/f-ofear-members-diary)
+--- Thread: Battling Pseudodysphagia (/t-battling-pseudodysphagia)

Battling Pseudodysphagia - kobrak1d - 01-24-2014 01:06 PM

So, I have had this for about 8 years, it started when I was 10, I didn't know what it was back then, but refused to swallow my food. My parents took me to see doctors and psychologists and I told them how when I went to swallow it felt like there was something in my throat stopping me. That was the way my 10 year old mind thought of it. Eventually, after a year of eating just soup and mashed potatoes, I improved, I could eat again, but after every thing I choked on e.g. chicken, burgers I would then avoid that food and never eat it again. Right now I can eat biscuits, mashed potato and crisps. I currently get all my kcal per day from flavoured whole milk.

I know I have a problem, and I want to get help for it. I want to walk into the doctors, get an appointment and tell the doctor everything and get some proper help. I can't though Mad0228, I feel too embarassed. I know I have no reason to feel that way and it is stupid but, y'know, stuff sucks.

I don't know if I will ever go to a doctor but I think that joining this site and telling someone (even if no one reads this) is a step in the right direction. Smile

RE: Battling Pseudodysphagia - Snooks - 01-26-2014 11:57 AM

Hello kobrak1d.

Glad you dropped by mate and if talking will help, then we are already making progress.

I think we both know that you need to see a GP and arrange some professional assistance and i understand that going there is hard. Im happy to talk, as are some of the members on here, but we probably cant offer any real assistance.

There must be a number in your country that you can, call such as Lifeline (Australia), that will put you immediately onto a trained Counsellor and you can still remain annonymous. Perhaps over time we can then get you to talk to a Doctor on the phone.....is that a possibility?

You deserve a better life and if we can do this, then im sure that you can achieve good results. Can you look for some local people to call? Can you update us please?

Cheers
Snooks.