oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Do I have HOCD or am I in denial - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: List of Phobias (/f-list-of-phobias)
+--- Forum: OCD & HOCD (/f-ocd-hocd)
+--- Thread: Do I have HOCD or am I in denial (/t-do-i-have-hocd-or-am-i-in-denial)

Do I have HOCD or am I in denial - Fong - 06-10-2014 05:21 AM

Hi all!
I'm new here and I'm wondering if someone could help me. A few months back while I was at my computer a random thought popped into my head that I could be gay(which isn't true and I ignored it) OK,let me try from the start.. I've been straight my whole life,my first crush was on a GIRL in kindergarten and then 2nd grade and so forth(I've had like 10 crushes so far in my life on girls) The thought came back and now I've had this anxiety and doubt for like,about 5 months? I have NEVER EVER had a crush on a guy or been attracted to a guy at all. Now I have to check to see if I'm aroused by guys(which I'm not) and I know I still love girls and all but this anxiety is causing my desire for them to fade and I hate it!!
What's wrong with me?

RE: Do I have HOCD or am I in denial - Snooks - 06-12-2014 01:07 PM

I think you may have sexual confusion and unsure which way you are going....but you certainly dont have a phobia as such.

Many people have, or have had, a crush on a member of the same sex. That is quite natural. Most then turn out to be hetrosexual and the incident was merely confusion, or experimentation, some others realise that they are Gay.

Only time will tell but you dont have a Phobia, you are simply finding out your sexuality.

RE: Do I have HOCD or am I in denial - blade118 - 02-04-2019 06:59 AM

(06-12-2014 01:07 PM)Snooks Wrote:  I think you may have sexual confusion and unsure which way you are going....but you certainly dont have a phobia as such.

Many people have, or have had, a crush on a member of the same sex. That is quite natural. Most then turn out to be hetrosexual and the incident was merely confusion, or experimentation, some others realise that they are Gay.

Only time will tell but you dont have a Phobia, you are simply finding out your sexuality.

Snooks I am reading some of your replies to certain posts. Are you qualified therapist or is this just your opinion

RE: Do I have HOCD or am I in denial - Snooks - 02-05-2019 05:15 PM

(02-04-2019 06:59 AM)blade118 Wrote:  
(06-12-2014 01:07 PM)Snooks Wrote:  I think you may have sexual confusion and unsure which way you are going....but you certainly dont have a phobia as such.

Snooks I am reading some of your replies to certain posts. Are you qualified therapist or is this just your opinion

It is merely an opinion my friend, as are most posts and comments on this forum. Some qualified people do pop in from time to time but if you believe that you need professional assistance, you should seek it through your Local GP.

Cheers.