oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Hypnotherapy - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: List of Phobias (/f-list-of-phobias)
+--- Forum: Fear of Flying (/f-fear-of-flying)
+--- Thread: Hypnotherapy (/t-hypnotherapy--5440)

Hypnotherapy - Thinker14 - 06-22-2014 06:34 AM

Hi,

I am terrified of flying. I flew for years and was ok and not sure why terror came over me. I have tried meds but they don't make much difference. I don't even like writing here about flying - don't like to think about flying at all or look up and see planes in the sky. I tried some CBT for it and didn't seem to work. I wondered if anyone had tried hypnotherapy and had it work?

Thanks.

RE: Hypnotherapy - Snooks - 06-24-2014 08:43 AM

I tried hypnotherapy when i was playing a sport at a very high level. I did it so as to control nerves and help improve concentration during the sport, especially when doing a certain routine.

I really cant say wether it helped or not, though i must say that if i was still playing, i would probably still do the self hypnosis tapes that we made. I used those the night before and then again the morning of the event.

Given hypnosis is not overly expensive i would probably be inclined to try it Smile

RE: Hypnotherapy - matthewtweedie - 07-25-2018 03:50 PM

Hypnotherapy really works to get rid from fear of flying. My friend Jacob tries hypnosis for fear of flying and it works for him. I advise you to try Hypnotherapy.