oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Fear of commercial planes? - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: Phobias by category (/f-phobias-by-category)
+--- Forum: Trains, Planes, Automobiles (/f-trains-planes-automobiles)
+--- Thread: Fear of commercial planes? (/t-fear-of-commercial-planes)

Fear of commercial planes? - DennyFrontier - 08-24-2014 12:36 AM

Hi there. Not sure what this phobia is called... ( Results only yield "Fear of flying" ) which is not correct.

I am utterly and absolutely terrified of commercial jet airliners. Just the shape of them, all the windows, the doors, the engines everything about it, even just the name aircraft is enough to give me the creeps. Irrational and outrageous! Thats why I love it. But what is it called? And does anyone else share this same phobia?

RE: Fear of commercial planes? - rusticblonde - 06-07-2016 12:52 AM

Hi Denny,

I can honestly say as a therapist i have never heard of this. So I am also intrigued! Where did it begin do you know? Usually a fear is a bad experience involving that form of transport. It could be the fact you had it on a commercial flight and learned this association Big Grin

R

RE: Fear of commercial planes? - latnahc242 - 06-30-2016 05:28 PM

This is so crazy for me to read! I have the exact same fear, but I am scared of all types of planes. I am not scared of flying in them or anything, just the way they look like. I've never met anyone else who has this fear. I cannot even play video games with planes in them. I'm not sure where this fear came from, but they terrify me. I have panic attacks and everything if I see one by surprise. For example, there was an old WWII plane inside a mall as a display and I had to cover my eyes and hold onto my boyfriend just to walk past it and even then I still cried and panicked.. crazy stuff.

RE: Fear of commercial planes? - Surreal - 06-12-2018 11:08 PM

(06-30-2016 05:28 PM)latnahc242 Wrote:  This is so crazy for me to read! I have the exact same fear, but I am scared of all types of planes. I am not scared of flying in them or anything, just the way they look like. I've never met anyone else who has this fear. I cannot even play video games with planes in them. I'm not sure where this fear came from, but they terrify me. I have panic attacks and everything if I see one by surprise. For example, there was an old WWII plane inside a mall as a display and I had to cover my eyes and hold onto my boyfriend just to walk past it and even then I still cried and panicked.. crazy stuff.

I believe that your phobia is related to a past life. I truly believe in past lives and I am sure that when a person has a very strong and irrational fear of somtehing is because she died or had very bad experiences with that same thing in aprevious life. For exampled you could have died in a plane crash in another life or lived during a war where planes (specially the ones made for war) were very present.