oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Why is it so hard to talk to people? - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: List of Phobias (/f-list-of-phobias)
+--- Forum: Social Anxiety Disorder - Social Phobia (/f-social-anxiety-disorder-social-phobia)
+--- Thread: Why is it so hard to talk to people? (/t-why-is-it-so-hard-to-talk-to-people)

Why is it so hard to talk to people? - Banana64 - 05-16-2016 01:09 PM

If you knew me in real life, it's pretty common knowledge that I'm more of an introvert. That being said, I do like to talk to my friends/family, so it's not like I'm a total hermit.

But I just desperately want to get out of my little bubble and "fit in with the cool kids" so to speak. I'm confident in my appearance and I'm not necessarily afraid of people, but whenever I try to talk to someone i don't know that well(even sometimes people i do know) i just freeze up and become this super awkward guy that never knows what to say. I lose my sense of humour that Id otherwise have with friends, and then I walk away feeling angry/disappointed with myself because I've done it again and it seems like there's never going to be a hope for me being social and well known/liked.

As well, I find it very hard to put myself into situations where i have the chance to be social and talk to people because I know I have nothing to say and I'll just make things worse for me.

I really don't know if this belongs here as a pmale
a or anxiety or whatever, but I thought Id try here for some help at least.

Im a 15 year old male

**As well, social media can be pretty degrading to me because I get it in hopes it will help me be more social, but it just makes me feel depressed seeing my friends with 500 followers/50000 snapchat scores and here I am too awkward to make enough friends for that**

RE: Why is it so hard to talk to people? - rusticblonde - 06-17-2016 07:13 PM

Hi Banana64,

First of all thankyou for sharing your story. Here are some thoughts for you:

1. Where do you recall it beginning?
2. What ideally would you like to happen?
3. What goes off when you THINK about approaching a social situation

Rustic

RE: Why is it so hard to talk to people? - mathew1111 - 09-14-2018 10:52 PM

Don't feel low its not a shame at all not having friends, sometimes we enjoy our own silent mode.
C[/font]onsider your problem in a serious way and try to treat in a generic way, you can consult with hypnotherapist he/she can might be helpful to you to rescue from that anxious environment.