oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
Fear of pregnant women? - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: Phobias by category (/f-phobias-by-category)
+--- Forum: People & Places (/f-people-places)
+--- Thread: Fear of pregnant women? (/t-fear-of-pregnant-women)

Fear of pregnant women? - datboi - 04-25-2018 03:28 AM

I know this makes me sound like an asshole. I get it. But I hate pregnant women. Im usually very dedicated to overcoming fears, Ill do just about anything to get rid of them because I hate the feeling of not being in control of myself and my emotions. But I cant seem to kick this overwhelming disgust and anxiety I feel with pregnant women. All I can think of when I see them is that there is a parasite living inside of them, sucking up their life force. It immediately activates my gag reflex. Ive never actually vomited because of a pregnant woman, but Ive come dangerously close. I cant even look at diagrams of them without feeling dizzy and nauseated. The weird thing is that I don’t have a problem with regular parasites, like tapeworms. Theyre grossly fascinating to me. I just can’t handle fetuses. The problem is that my best friend wants kids SO bad. I love her to death and I dont want to lose her as a friend, but I absolutely cant deal with that or be around her when she decides to be pregnant. I feel like Id have an easier time dealing with this if I had a name for it, or other people to relate to. I know of tokophobia, but I dont think that necessarily applies to me because Im a guy. I cant stand kids too, so maybe thats related, but it’s a completely different response (mostly just annoyance and anxiety, I’m autistic and they’re too loud, unpredictable, and rambunctious for me). Anyone have any insight?

RE: Fear of pregnant women? - matthewtweedie - 05-15-2018 08:48 PM

I have not heard about this kind of fear. See a psychologist, they can better diagnose the problem