oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum
HELLO - Printable Version

+- oFear - Anxiety and Phobia Forum (http://www.ofear.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to oFear The Online Fear & Phobia Forum (/f-welcome-to-ofear-the-online-fear-phobia-forum)
+--- Forum: Introductions (/f-introductions)
+--- Thread: HELLO (/t-hello--722)

HELLO - sinsin305 - 01-25-2009 08:08 AM

Hi everyone. My name is Cindy. I would just like to briefly introduce myself. I joined this site due to many health reasons. Throughout the years I have been diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Insomnia and ADHD. I am on numerous meds and exercise regimens however nothing seems to be working for me. For the most part my days go o.k. My nights are dreadful. My anxiety and insomnia seem to be the one's getting worst. Also, usually right when I think I got everything under control, that's when I tend to practically go haywire. I try to keep an active lifestyle for the most part but not even psychotherapist have been able to help me come up with a solution as to what makes my bomb tick...I'm open to any suggestions. Hope to hear from you soon. I may also be contacted at: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:dapimpstress.rivera@gmail.com">dapimpstress.rivera@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> Wave

Re: HELLO - mauerbluemchen - 01-25-2009 10:06 AM

Hi Cindy and welcome to oFear!
Wave

Re: HELLO - Jonnyjonny_uk - 01-25-2009 05:54 PM

Hiya Cindy and a very warm welcome to Ofear Wave

Re: HELLO - Mr Ian - 01-25-2009 06:36 PM

Hi Cindy and welcome to oFear Wave

There are 2 things we try and help with here -

1. Try to help people solve their problems.

2. Try to help people deal better with living with their problems.

It seems as if many people have 'had a dabble' at trying to help you - judging by the number 'labels' you've acquired. :?

How much do you agree with what people have said about your problems and what do you really disagree with about any of it?

Re: HELLO - Shinobi - 01-25-2009 10:23 PM

Welcome! Wave

Re: HELLO - Ana - 01-26-2009 07:58 AM

Welcome to oFear Cindy. Wave

Re: HELLO - Shy guy - 01-26-2009 08:22 AM

Hi Cindy Wave

Re: HELLO - getagrip - 01-31-2009 06:02 AM

Well Cindy,

First off I'm not an expert ... only another phobic ... so only trying to help out by asking some questions that I believe to be sensible or useful to provoke more USEFUL DISCUSSION here in this forum ...

You don't really mention much about how you feel yourself. I'm not sure it helps much to tell which things you've been diagnosed with ... seems all pretty related to anxiety in general. More helpful would be to mention your symptoms, when they happen, and a little more about the situations in which they get worse ...

a few questions ...

1) You mention it happens mainly at night.
2) Are you affraid of the dark or sleeping?
3) Are you the type of person who fears not being in 100% control of EVERYTHING/EVERY SITUAITON?
4) Do you get your fears while sleeping (which causes you to wake up in fear/panic) or before falling asleep, or BOTH?
5) How long on meds, how often on/off the meds?
6) Did you ever have long periods with no problems? Were you then On or Off meds?
7) Did you try structured meditation / relaxation exercises?
8) Did you learn relaxing breathing techniques (the correct way of breathing?)
9) If you panic, did you ever try breathing in a paper bag??? If it helps you're probably hyper-ventilating
10) Do you have A LOT OF STRESS on the job or are VERY UNHAPPY WITH IT?
11) Do you exercise regularly? Aerobic/Cardio?

Anyhow, give a go at the questions ... I'm curious about your answers ... can't promise any success with a solution, but am happy to give a crack at helping you think about it :-))

sincerely, a fellow anxious/panic-ridden.